University of Hull Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme 2017/2018 – UK
The University of Hull is delighted to offer this scholarship in partnership with the UK Department for International Development (DFID) and the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission in the UK (CSC) for students from developing commonwealth countries who would not otherwise be able to study in the United Kingdom.
Application Deadline: 29th March, 2017
Offered annually? Not stated
To be taken at (country): University of Hull, UK
Eligible Field of Study:Candidates must have been offered a place on one of the following courses starting in September 2016 before applying under this scheme. Candidates who have applied for research programmes or Master of Business Administration are not eligible:
- Cancer Imaging
- Environmental Change, Management and Monitoring
- Renewable Energy
- Translational Oncology
About the Award: The University of Hull, UK, is seeking to award international postgraduate students to broaden their intellectual and personal horizons and to motivate them towards high achievement. The scholarship will be given to bright international students from Commonwealth countries making applications for entry to a one-year postgraduate taught programme. The scholarship will cover all postgraduate expenses in full.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the award, applicants must:
- Be a Commonwealth citizen, refugee, or British protected person
- Be permanently resident in a developing Commonwealth country
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2017
- By August 2017, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard
- Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a developed country
- Be unable, either yourself or through your family, to pay to study in the UK
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship will cover postgraduate taught tuition fees in full. It does not cover living expenses.
Duration of Scholarship: One (1) year
How to Apply: Candidates who feel they meet the desired requirements should visit the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships – information for candidates webpage to complete an online application. This is in addition to the application form you must fill in to apply for your chosen course of study at the University.
The deadline for applying for the scholarship is 29 March 2017. Please note that competition for the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship awards is strong; the University will receive funding for only three awards. We would urge you, therefore, to also explore other avenues of personal funding.
Award Provider: University of Hull, UK