Coventry University Enterprise Scholarships for Postgraduate International Students 2017/2018 – UK
The Coventry University UK is offering £5,000 in the Enterprise Award for postgraduate international students who demonstrate entrepreneurial interest.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2017.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Coventry University UK
Eligible Field of Study: courses offered at the university
About the Award: Chosen by the Director of Enterprise and Innovation at Coventry University, Paul Fairburn, the successful recipients of the Enterprise Award will be awarded to two aspirational international students who can demonstrate entrepreneurial flair during their undergraduate study or in their own time.
4 awards totaling a maximum of £5,000 per student are available in this category. Payments will be £4,000 towards tuition fees, with a further £1,000 being awarded to students who go on to achieve a distinction.
Eligibility: Before applying for this scholarship, candidate must have completed an application for a May 2017 or September 2017 course. The scholarship application form will require you to provide your Application ID.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an international fee paying student
- Be a self-funded student
- Have been offered a place to study at one of Coventry University’s full-time postgraduate courses
- Hold at least a 2:1 or equivalent.
- Complete a scholarship application form including a statement of support which should not exceed 500 words prior to the 25th July 2016 deadline:
- Your statement of support should state succinctly the entrepreneurial flair that you have demonstrated prior to study in addition to how you will apply the knowledge gained from your chosen degree programme to a future entrepreneurial venture.
- Scholarships will be awarded to the 2 most ambitious students who are able to demonstrate true entrepreneurial flair prior to coming to Coventry University as well as their enterprise aspirations for the future.
- Members of the International Office will consider each application on its merits to create a shortlist. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by Director of Enterprise and Innovation, Paul Fairburn.
- Only applications made through the application process detailed above will be considered.
Number of Scholarships: 4
Value of Scholarship: 4 awards totaling a maximum of £5,000 per student are available in this category. Payments will be £4,000 towards tuition fees, with a further £1,000 being awarded to students who go on to achieve a distinction.
Duration of Scholarship: one-off award
How to Apply: Students wishing to apply for a scholarship should complete a scholarship application form.
Only applications received by the deadline will be considered. If you are successful you will be notified in due course by the International Office. If shortlisted, be available for a telephone or Skype interview, as successful students will be determined via an interview process.
The successful recipients of the awards should be prepared to represent Coventry University as a student ambassador alongside their studies. They will be required to work with the International Office to provide information which can be included for promotional purposes, including, but not limited to, the regular contribution of material for a blog.
Award Provider: Coventry University UK