Italian Government Bachelors, Masters & PhD Scholarships 2021/2022 for Foreign Students
Application is open for the Italian Government scholarship for foreign students to study for undergraduate, masters and PhD degrees at Italian higher education institutions for 2021/2022 academic year
Application Deadline: 13th July 2021 by 2 p.m. (C.E.T.)
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Scholarships can be awarded only for study/ research projects at institutions within the Italian public education and research system.
Fields of Study: Courses for which grants are available:
- Master’s Degree (Laurea Magistrale 2° ciclo)
- Courses of Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM)
- PhD programmes
- Research under academic supervision (Progetti in co-tutela)
- Italian Language and Culture Courses
About Scholarship: The Italian Government awards scholarships for studying in Italy both to foreign citizens and Italian citizens resident abroad (IRE). The aim of these scholarships is fostering international cultural cooperation, spreading the Italian language, culture and science knowledge and promoting the economic and technological sectors of Italy all around the world.
Type: Masters, PhD, Research
- Academic qualifications: Applications must only be submitted by foreign students not residing in Italy and by Italian citizens living abroad (IRE)* holding an appropriate academic qualification required to enroll to the Italian University/Institute. https://studyinitaly.esteri.it/en/Recognition-of-qualification.
- Age requirements:
- Applicants for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programmes/ Italian Language and Culture Courses should not be over 28 years old by the deadline of this call, with the sole exception of renewals.
- Applicants for PhD Programmes should not be over 30 years old by the deadline of this call, with the sole exception of renewals.
- Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervision should not be over 40 years old by the deadline of this call.
- Language proficiency
- Applicants must provide a certificate of their proficiency in Italian language. The minimum level required is B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR): (https://www.linguaitaliana.esteri.it/data/lingua/corsi/pdf/tabella_certificazioni.pdf).
- Proof of proficiency in Italian is not required for courses entirely taught in English.
- In this case applicants must provide a language certificate of their proficiency in English Language. The minimum level required is B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- For Italian language and culture courses, applicants must provide a certificate of their proficiency in Italian language. The minimum level required is A2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR):
Number of Scholarships: not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- Normally, the scholarship holders are exempt from the payment of the university tuition fees, in accordance with existing regulations. However the Universities, as part of their autonomy, may not allow such exemption. Candidates are therefore recommended to contact the chosen Institution in order to be informed on eventual taxes or tuition fees.
- For the sole period of the scholarships granted by the Italian Government, the scholarship-holders are covered by an insurance policy against illness and/or accident. Air tickets are not granted, except for Chilean citizens.
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
How to Apply:
- Click here to access the registration form
- Before applying, please read carefully the Call for Procedure