DAAD Scholarship at University of Dar es Salaam for African Students (Masters & PhD) 2016
Application Deadline: 5 March 2016 | Offered annually? Not specified
Eligible Countries: Citizenship of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
To be taken at (country): The Study will be conducted at the University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Brief description: The University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania in collaboration with The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) is pleased to announce postgraduate (Master and PhD) scholarship opportunities to all Tanzanians and Citizen of Sub-Saharan Africa in the following study fields:
Eligible Field of Study
- Food and Nutrition Security
- Immigration and Refugee Law
- Strategic and Peace Study
- Climate Change and Sustainable Development
DAAD, as a publicly funded, self-governing organisation of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promotes international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes.
The objective of this support programme is to promote the postgraduate training programme at Kilimanjaro Christian Medical University College
Scholarship Offered Since: not specified
Scholarship Type: Masters & PhD studies
In addition to the specific application requirements of the study programme/course you are applying for (which are found in the Postgraduate Prospectus in the UDSM website), please note the following application requirements:
- The last university degree must have been completed less than six years before the time of application.
- Citizenship of a country in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Bachelor and Master’s degree qualification with above average results.
- Proof of admission to the desired degree course or official letter assuring admission.
- For PhD scholarships, the applicants must be a staff member of a public or private university (or candidate considered for teaching or research staff recruitment).
- Applicants must submit the DAAD Application Form and DAAD Information Sheet for Students.
Equal Opportunities: Female candidates and candidates from less privileged regions or groups as well as candidates with physical challenges are especially encouraged to apply.
Number of Scholarships: It has been agreed upon that DAAD collaborates with University of Dar Es Salaam by offering:
- Up to 7 Master Scholarships for this year’s intake
- Up to 5 PhD Scholarships for this year’s intake
Value of Scholarship: not specified
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of study for doctoral degree is three years and for masters degree is two years.
Deadline: 5 March 2016
How to Apply
Application guidelines and forms can be downloaded here:
- DAAD Postgraduate Scholarship Opportunities. Click Here
- DAAD Guidelines for In-Country/In-Region Scholarships, Eastern Africa – 2016/17; Download Here
- DAAD Application Form for In-Country/In-Region Scholarships, Eastern Africa –2016/17; Download Here
- DAAD_Information Sheet for Scholars_In-Country / In-Region, Download Here
A complete soft copy must be sent to the:
University of Dar es Salaam
Directorate of Postgraduate Studies
O. Box 35091, Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]
Phone: +255-22-2410500-9 Ext: 2010
Fax: Fax: +255-22-2410078
Visit scholarship webpage for details
Scholarship Provider: The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)