Echoing Green Fellowship is seeking the World’s Most Promising Social Entrepreneurs to boldly tackle pressing issues in their community. Echoing Green Fellowship Programs will offer more than $4.6 million in seed-stage funding and support this year to emerging leaders working to bring about positive social change.
Application Deadline: 2nd November 2021
Eligible Countries: all
About the Fellowship: The Global Fellowship is the twenty-eight-year-old program for smart leaders who are deeply connected to the needs and potential solutions that may work best for their communities. Any emerging social entrepreneur from any part of the world working to disrupt the status quo may apply.
Type: Social Entrepreneurship
Selection Criteria: Successful applicants not only present an innovative way of addressing social issues, but also explain why they as individuals have what it takes to succeed. Echoing Green is not a grant-making organization. We are a fellowship program because we believe in the importance of the individual social entrepreneur as well as his/her project. As such, we look at both the applicant and the applicant’s idea.
- Purpose / Passion
- Ability to Attract Resources
- Potential for Big, Bold Impact
- A Good Business Model
Eligibility: In order to be eligible for an Echoing Green Fellowship, the applicant must be:
- Over 18 years old
- Fluent in English
- Able to commit a full 35 hour work week to their organization.
In order to be eligible for an Echoing Green Fellowship, the organization must be:
- The original idea of the applicant(s)
- In its start-up phase, usually within the first two years of operation
- Independent and autonomous
There are often some misconceptions about what types of organizations are eligible for the Echoing Green Fellowship. Here is some clarification about organizations that are eligible:
- An organization can be either a non-profit, a for-profit, or hybrid.
- An organization does not only have to be run by one individual. Partnerships can apply for a Fellowship
- Organizations still in the idea phase are eligible
The following types of organizations are not eligible to apply:
- Students, scholarships, or research projects (Students may apply for the Echoing Green Fellowship while they are full time students in a degree program. However, they must have completed their studies by July at the beginning of their fellowship period.)
- Lobbying or faith-based organizations
- Existing organizations which have grown past their start-up phase
Number of Fellowships: Several
Value of Fellowship:
- A dedicated Echoing Green portfolio manager to assist in the development of an Individualized Fellow Plan, access to technical expertise and pro bono partnerships to help grow their organization, and support from Echoing Green chaplains
- Leadership development, peer mentorship, and targeted networking opportunities
- A community of like-minded social entrepreneurs, public service leaders, and industry leaders including the Echoing Green network of over 700 Fellows working in sixty countries all over the world.
- A stipend of $80,000 for individuals (or $90,000 for two-person partnerships) paid in four equal installments over two years
- A health insurance stipend and yearly professional development stipend
Duration of Fellowship: two years plus ongoing support
How to Apply: Apply Here