SA-GER-CDR Masters & PhD Scholarships + Internships 2019/2020 for African Students (Fully-funded to study in South Africa and Germany)
For applicants from Sub-Saharan African countries with an excellent academic record, the DRD – Institute of Development Research and Development offers DAAD merit scholarships per year. The scholarship will be taken at University of the Western Cape, South Africa and while scholarship and internship will be at Ruhr-University of Bochum, Germany.
- the MA in Development Studies (next deadline 15th July 2019, online application is available in the “How to apply” section of the Programme!)
- the Master in Public Administration (next deadline 15th July 2019, online application is available in the “How to apply” section of the Programme!)
- the MA in Development Management (Bochum Programme, next deadline 30 November 2019)
(separate online application platform, access and guidelines via “How to apply” section of the Bochum programme or via the course homepage)
- the different PhD options at the centre (PhD UWC) (next deadline 15th July 2019, online application is available in the “How to apply” section of the Programme!)
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan Africa
To be taken at (country): School of Government, University of the Western Cape, South Africa and Ruhr-University of Bochum, Germany
Eligible Field of Study: Scholarships are available for full-time students of
- MA in Development Studies
- Master in Public Administration
- PhD options at the CDR
About Scholarship: In order to adequately prepare the next generation of leaders through research-oriented training it is not sufficient to have the possibility to award scholarships to promising candidates from all over Sub-Saharan Africa, but it is also necessary to maintain a strong research focus on the work of the centre and to cooperate closely with other leading universities in the region.
Type: Masters, PhD
Selection Criteria and Eligibility: Scholarship applicants are adviced to carefully read about the specific entry requirements and course application procedure of the programme of their choice. The information is available from the respective programmes sections.
In addition to programme requirements, all applicants have to meet the following requirements:
- Applicants should be from Sub-Sahara Africa
- Applicants should have an outstanding academic record – at least 70% for your last degree
- Applicants should apply within 6 years of having completed their previous degree
- The study must have been completed at an internationally recognised university
- The previous degree (Baccalaureus or Master) should have been an academic discipline which is related to Development Studies or Public Administration
- South African students are required to have an honours degree in order to be admitted to a Masters degree course. Other students need the equivalent of a 4 year undergraduate degree
- Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken. This can be TOEFL test or a similar standard test or a letter from an academic institution
- Work and/or voluntary experience in your field of interest would be a recommendation
- Women are encouraged to apply
- South African students are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must be able to study fulltime at the UWC for the required period.
Number of Scholarships: not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- Scholarships include monthly allowances of 650 Euro plus travel allowances for Master candidates and 900 Euro plus travel allowances for PhD candidates.
- Tuition and registration fees are covered by the Scholarship Programme.
Duration of Scholarship: for period of the programme
How to Apply:
- You will have to fill in an electronic application form (ONLY AVAILABLE FROM mid APRIL to 15th July)!
- As the e-form can only be submitted once, please make sure that your application is complete before submitting it!
It is important to go through the Application requirements Scholarship Webpage before applying.
Hi! AfterSchoolAfrica believes in sharing value. If you have come across this opportunity, share with ONLY one person Today.