YouWiN! stands for Youth Enterprise with Innovation in Nigeria. It is an innovative business plan competition aimed at job creation by encouraging and supporting aspiring entrepreneurial youth in Nigeria to develop and execute business ideas.YouWiN! 3 is the third edition and will feature men and women entrepreneurs in Nigeria between the ages of 18 to 45.
The first round of the competition was awarded in 2011 with 1200 successful businesses. Here is a very informative interview with one of the 2011 YouWINers. The 2012 (second) round of the entrepreneurial scheme – YouWIN Women, was designed exclusively for female entrepreneurs, age 45 or less.
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible for the Business Plan Competition you must satisfy the following criteria
- You must be a proven citizen of Nigeria no older than 40 years (proof of identity: International passport/Drivers License/National ID/Voters card required)
- You must have a post-secondary school qualification
- Your proposed business venture must be within the national borders of Nigeria, and with the intention of employing Nigerian citizens.
- Your proposed venture must not entail the production or distribution of weapons, alcoholic beverages, tobacco or/and gambling, or any activities in contradiction with the Nigerian constitution
- You must prepare an innovative business concept summary
How to Register
You will receive a confirmation email from YouWIN! with all the details you will need to log in.
Complete New Business Application
Once you have successfully registered Log in and click the New Business Application button on the right hand-side. You can save your application form as you go along, and return to it at any time. Once you are happy with your application use the Submit button on the form to send your application. You can submit only ONE application.
Learn more about YouWin! Here