Scholarship Name: Global South Scholar-In-Residence Programme
PhD Research Fellowship Programme for outstanding young professors from universities from developing and emerging countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America at The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Switzerland-2012 (Fall Semester)
Accepted Subject Areas?
International and development studies (anthropology, history, law, politics and political science, and economics)
The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Switzerland offers fellowship programme, open to outstanding young professors from universities from developing and emerging countries in Africa, Asia, or Latin America, pursuing advanced research in areas bridging the fields of international and development studies, broadly defined, and working in disciplines such as anthropology, history, law, politics and political science, and economics.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
The selection will be based on the quality of research. Quality being equal, selection may be guided by an interest in promoting gender and regional diversity. Candidates should demonstrate how their research stay will contribute to their academic career and their home institution.
Who is qualified to apply?
- Candidates must hold a PhD and have a full time tenure-track or tenured position in an academic institution in Africa, Asia, or Latin America.
- Candidates should demonstrate how their research stay will contribute to their academic career and their home institution.
How Many Scholarships are available? Not Specified
What are the benefits?
- Scholars will spend one semester at the Institute to :
- Update and strengthen the curriculum of their course ;
- Further a personal research project ;
- Participate in teaching courses ;
- Interact with the international community of the Institute and Geneva area.
- Scholars receive a contribution towards living expenses. The Institute will cover costs of travel and visas for participants as well accommodation costs;
- It will ensure a monthly stipend to compensate in the case of the loss of income* in the institution of origin and to cover subsistence costs in Geneva; upon presentation of a certificate
- Participants will be provided with a work space, and access to the Institute’s library and IT facilities.
Scholarship is open for candidates from developing and emerging countries including African, Asia, and Latin America.
To be taken at (country): Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Switzerland
What time of year does Application Close?
Scholarship Application Deadlines
- 1st of October 2013 for Residence in the Spring Semester 2014 (mid-February to the end of May)
- 1st of March 2014 for Residence in the Fall Semester 2014 (mid-September to the end of January)
Offered annually? Yes
How can I Apply?
Application should include:
- A letter of motivation stating the reasons for the application, the preferred semester, the Institute’s discipline or area of expertise in which the candidate is interested, 2 courses the candidate would be interested to attend while at the Institute;
- A work plan detailing the proposed activities to be completed during the candidate’s time at the Institute (update of teaching curriculum, research project, etc.);
- A curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- Two letters of recommendation
Application must be sent preferably by e-mail at in-residence[at]graduateinstitute.ch (see link below)
Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Switzerland
How can I get more information?
If you need more Information about this scholarship, kindly visit the Scholarship Webpage