Scholarship Name: Chancellor’s International Scholarship at University of Warwick
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications for 2017 entry is 18th January 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Brief description: 25 Chancellor’s International Scholarships at University of Warwick UK for PhD/Doctoral Students of any Nationality in 2017/2018 academic year
Accepted Subject Areas?: Any discipline offered at University of Warwick for PhD degree
About Scholarship: The University of Warwick is offering the Chancellor’s International Scholarships for overseas Postgraduate research applications for entry in October 2017. The University Scholarship will offer full fees support and maintenance award to international doctoral students of the highest caliber. The University will offer scholarship to approximately 17 of the most outstanding international PhD applicants. Applicants may be from any discipline at Warwick, and be from any nationality.
The University of Warwick values its increasingly developed reputation as an international university, and the Chancellor’s International Scholarships demonstrate the University’s commitment to fully supporting its most talented students, no matter their national origin.
Scholarship Offered Since: 2011
By what Criteria is Selection Made?: Candidates must have outstanding academic performance from previous education qualifications.
Who is qualified to apply?
- Applicants for a Chancellor’s International Scholarship must also be applying for a PhD at the University of Warwick to begin in October 2017;
- Applicants must expect to be ‘overseas’ students for fees purposes, but there are no other nationality criteria;
- Applicants may be from any discipline at Warwick.
How Many Scholarships are available? 25 Scholarships will be awarded
What are the benefits?
- The full payment of overseas tuition fees (worth up to £19,740 at 16/17 rates, this figure is likely to increase with inflation for 2017/18)
- A maintenance stipend in line with RCUK rates (provisional £14,539* for full time award holders in 2017/18)
How long will sponsorship last? 3.5 years unless you are already in your first year of study when you apply then the length of funding will be reduced accordingly
Eligible Countries: Candidates of any nationality, including Africa are eligible for the scholarship
To be taken at (country): University of Warwick, UK
How can I Apply? Candidates should read the guidance notes carefully before completing the application form.
- New candidates can apply for the Chancellor’s International Scholarship by completing the Joint Postgraduate Admissions and Scholarship Application form. If you are eligible for this scholarship you will be asked if you would like to be considered for funding as part of your application to the University. Please select YES at this point and you will be invited to complete further information that will form the basis of your application for this Scholarship.
- If you are in the first year of your PhD or applied before 1st August 2016 and would like to be considered for this Scholarship to fund the remainder of your studies please complete the Single Scholarship Application form.
Sponsors:University of Warwick