Scholarship Name: Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship (NPGS) at NTU, Singapore
Nanyang Technological University funds the Nanyang President’s Graduate PhD Scholarship for International students at Singapore 2014
Accepted Subject Areas?
Courses offered at the university
The Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship (NPGS) is a competitive and prestigious scholarship scheme designed to encourage outstanding graduates or final-year students to take their first step towards a leading research career by studying for a doctoral degree programme (PhD) at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), one of Asia’s leading research universities. Funding will be provided for up to 4 years for NPGS awardees. Up to 30 NPGS awards will be made available in each Academic Year. Successful candidates will be known as Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholars
Scholarship Offered Since: Not specified
Scholarship Type: Full PhD scholarship.
Who is qualified to apply?
- There is no restriction as to the nationality of candidates but all things being equal, preference will be given to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents
- You must have a First Class Honours degree or equivalent at Bachelor’s level. If you have not yet completed your undergraduate degree programme, you will need to furnish documentation from your university that you are on track to get a First Class Honours degree or equivalent.
Number of Scholarship Awards: There are 30 NPGS awards to be offered
What are the benefits?
The NPGS award terms are:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of $3,200 *
- Conference allowance up to S$4,000 per financial year (April previous year to March current year).
- One-time IT allowance of $1500
- Annual grant of $500 for journal subscription or book purchase
- Thesis preparation allowance
- Priority will be given for subsidised campus accommodation
How long will sponsorship last?
Scholarship will last for 4 years
There is no restriction as to the nationality of candidates but, all things being equal preference will be given to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents.
To be taken at (country): Singapore
The application for Academic Year 2015-2016 (August 2015 and January 2016) will be open from 1st October to 30th November 2014.
Offered annually? Yes
How can I Apply?
Visit the Scholarship Webpage
Sponsor: Nanyang Technological University.