Scholarship Name: University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarship Programme
The University of Oulu, Finland is offering up to 330 scholarships for international students to study for masters degree in architecture, business, economics, education, engineering, and sciences 2013/2014
Accepted Subject Areas?
- Architectural Design
- Astronomy and Space Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Vision and Signal Processing
- Environmental Engineering
- Ecology and Population Genetics
- Economic Geology
- Education and Globalisation
- Financial and Management Accounting
- International Business
- Learning, Education and Technology
- Magnetic Resonance in Materials
- Protein Science and Biotechnology
- Software, Systems and Services Development in Global Environment
- Synchrotron Radiation Based Science and Accelerator Physics
- Wireless Communications Engineering
The University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarships provide scholarships to academically talented international students in architecture, business, economics, education, engineering, and sciences. The scholarship is aimed at students studying for a Master’s degree in the University of Oulu two-year international Master’s programmes.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
Scholarship Type: Masters Scholarships for Interantional Students
Who is qualified to apply?
Applicants are eligible to apply for a University of Oulu IM Scholarship 2013-14, if they are:
- Non-EU/EEA citizens who do not have a permanent residence permit in Finland.
- Eligible to apply for a Master’s degree programme at the University of Oulu for academic year 2013 – 14
- The applicant has obtained their first academic degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent) from a recognised institution of higher education.
- The applicant proves a high level of proficiency in English language. See Approved methods of demonstrating language proficiency.
- Applicants who are in their last term/semester of studies during the application period, can apply for the scholarship. Applicants who receive a conditional offer of study placement for a Master’s programme will receive a conditional scholarship offer.
How Many Funding Positions are available?
|Master’s Programme||Maximum Number of Scholarships|
|Astronomy and Space Physics||20|
|Computer Vision and Signal Processing||20|
|Ecology and Population Genetics||15|
|Education and Globalisation||20|
|Financial and Management Accounting||10|
|Learning, Education and Technology||20|
|Magnetic Resonance in Materials||20|
|Protein Science and Biotechnology||15|
|Software, Systems and Services Development in Global Environment||50|
|Synchrotron Radiation Based Science and Accelerator Physics||20|
|Wireless Communications Engineering||20|
What are the benefits?
The masters programme is for two years but the scholarship is for one academic year and covers the full international tuition fee.
In order to retain the scholarship in the second year of study, a student must have completed 45 ECTS by the end of their first academic year. If a student does not achieve this requirement, they will be liable to pay the full international tuition fee if they wish to complete their Master’s degree programme.
How long will sponsorship last? One or two years
To be taken at (Institution): University of Oulu, Finland
Application period for the Master’s degree programmes and International Master’s Scholarship is December 3 2012 to January 31 2013
Offered annually? Yes
How can I Apply?
There is no separate application for the International Master’s Scholarship. All applicants for University of Oulu Master’s degree programmes need to complete the Student Application Form.
Those applicants who are applying for the University of Oulu International Master’s Scholarship have to additionally complete the “Application for Scholarship,” which can be found at the end of the Student Application Form. The International Master’s Scholarship application form cannot be completed and/or submitted without the Student Application Form.
How can I get more information?
If you need more Information about this scholarship, kindly visit the Scholarship Webpage
University of Oulu, FInland
Admissions and scholarships decisions will be taken at the same time. Those students successful in obtaining an International Master’s Scholarship will be notified at the same time as their offer of admission to their International Master’s programme is confirmed.
For questions concerning the University of Oulu IM Scholarship, please contact admissions.officer(a)oulu.fi