The University of Oulu, Finland will not charge tuition fees from international degree students starting their studies in the Autumn Semester 2016. In addition, some individual Master’s programmes have their own scholarship schemes to cover living expenses.
Available masters courses includes
- Architectural Design
- Astronomy and Space Physics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Computer Vision and Signal Processing
- Environmental Engineering
- Ecology and Population Genetics
- Economic Geology
- Education and Globalisation
- Financial and Management Accounting
- International Business
- Learning, Education and Technology
- Magnetic Resonance in Materials
- Protein Science and Biotechnology
- Software, Systems and Services Development in Global Environment
- Synchrotron Radiation Based Science and Accelerator Physics
- Wireless Communications Engineering
About Tuition Free Scholarship at the University
The University of Oulu, Finland provide tuition free scholarships to academically talented international students in architecture, business, economics, education, engineering, and sciences. The scholarship is aimed at students studying for a Master’s degree in the University of Oulu two-year international Master’s programmes.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
Scholarship Type: Tuition Free
Each Master’s programme has its own specific admissions requirements. Before you start filling out the application form, make sure that you meet the requirements of the programme admissions. The following includes the basic information on admissions requirements for Master’s courses.
- A successful applicant has obtained their first academic degree, normally a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, from an institution of higher education.
- Students who are on their last term/semester of Bachelor’s studies can apply to study for a Master’s degree. Applicants with excellent academic records can be offered a conditional study placement.
- All applicants are required to prove a high level of proficiency in English language. All programmes ask the applicant to submit documented evidence of their level of English. The approved documentation of English language proficiency include TOEFL, IELTS, PTE and the likes.
- Applicants are asked to submit documentation on their academic excellence, for example in the form of academic recommendation letters. Also other documents relating to the field of study are required.
Number of Scholarships: All international degree students starting their studies in the Autumn Semester 2016 will not be charged tuition fee
Duration: One or two years
Eligible Countries: International students
To be taken at (Institution): University of Oulu, Finland
Application deadline: The next available application period is 15 December 2015 – 29 January 2016 and is for studies starting in September 2016. Please note that there is only one application period per year.
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
University of Oulu partners with the University Admissions Finland for their services for the application system and the pre-processing of application documents.
Visit scholarship webpage for details
Note: Applicants to Finnish higher education institutions (polytechnics/Universities of Applied Sciences (UAS) and universities) who are applying based on a qualification completed outside the EU/EEA -area will be required to pay an application fee of 100 €.