Women in Aviation International scholarships are awarded annually to women and sometimes male members (students, teachers and professionals) who want to further their studies in Aviation.
Application Deadline: 14th November 2016
About Award: The WAI scholarships also help teachers fulfill their dreams, by providing them with the resources they need to bring aviation into their classrooms or to enhance their skills. The scholarship awards are a major part of what the organization is all about. Each applicant must be a WAI member and may apply for no more than two scholarships
- Open to Women in Aviation International members who are seeking a degree in Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering, Aviation Maintenance Technology or an A & P through an Aviation Technician Program.
- Applicants must either be currently enrolled or officially accepted into an Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering program, Aviation Maintenance Technology program or Aviation Technician Program at an accredited University, College or AMT School in the U.S.
- Applicants must currently have a GPA of 3.0 or equivalent at the time of application – either in High School or their current Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering program, Aviation Maintenance Technology program or Aviation Technician program. Applicant must be a U.S. Citizen or eligible non-citizen. Applicant to provide copy of a College Acceptance letter.
Value of Scholarship: $1500.
Scholarship funds will be paid directly to the winner’s educational institution. Funds can be used for tuition, books or fees related to obtaining the A & P from an AMT School in the U.S.
Number of Awardees: Two(2)
How to Apply:
- All scholarships may be applied for electronically through the WIA website. Please submit your application only once you have all of the necessary files ready.
- Should you wish to print out the application form and submit your application on paper, all application materials can be submitted in the same envelope.
- Scholarship applications must be submitted or postmarked by November 14, 2016. Scholarship application materials may be mailed to WAI Scholarships, 3647 State Route 503 South, West Alexandria, OH 45381.
To download application and Find Scholarships Offered, visit scholarship webpage.