Application Deadline: 5th September, 2016 | Offered annually? Yes
National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA) offers Scholarships in Information Technology for Masters and PhD Nigerian students to study at Nigerian and Overseas Universities
Accepted Subject Areas: Information Technology (IT)
The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA), with its mandate of transforming Nigeria into an IT driven economy for global competitiveness and the dire need to bridge the digital divide, has since 2010 established a Scholarship Scheme for Masters (MSc) and Doctorate (PhD) Degrees in relevant areas of Information Technology (IT) obtainable in Nigeria or Foreign / Overseas Universities.
2016/2017 NITDA scholarship for Nigerians is now open for applications from suitably qualified candidates.
Scholarship Type: Masters and PhD Scholarship in IT
The scholarships will be strictly based on merit and cover the six Geo-political Zones of the country. The Agency will collaborate with the various institutions of higher learning within and outside the country to ensure that the scheme is successfully executed.
- Masters Degree Candidate for the award of Masters Degree Scholarship must have 1st class or 2nd class upper Division in relevant Information Technology field of study.
- PhD Candidates for the award of PhD degree scholarship must have Masters Degree in relevant Information Technology field of study.
Number of scholarships: Several
Duration: The Masters programme will run for one year while the Doctorate programme is expected to run for three years.
Eligible African Countries: Nigeria
To be taken: Overseas
How can I Apply?
- Application is based online through the registration form on the NITDA website
- Scan and attach your passport photograph (must be in jpg format) which should not be larger than 50kb.
- You should can and convert your certificate to a PDF file which should not be larger than 100kb.
If you still have any questions or experience any difficulties with the application system, please email: [email protected]
Sponsors: The National Information Technology Development Agency (NITDA)