Application Deadline: April 22, 2016
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Niger Delta states in Nigeria which includes Akwa Ibom State, Bayelsa State, Cross River State, Delta State, Edo State and Rivers State.
To be taken at (country): Universities Abroad
Brief description: Niger Delta Development Commission NDDC offers Masters and PhD Scholarships for Nigerian Students from the Niger Delta to study abroad
Eligible Field of Study: The Scheme is for suitably qualified applicants with elevant Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree(s) from recognized universities in the following professional disciplines:
- Computer Science/Technology
- Environmental Sciences
- Environmental or Gas/Oil Law
- Project Management
As part of our Human Resource Development initiatives, the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC, is commencing the 2016 Post-Graduate Foreign Scholarship Programme, to equip Niger Deltans with relevant training and skills for effective participation in the Local Content programme of the Federal Government, as well as compete globally in various professional fields.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not specified
Scholarship Type Masters and PhD Scholarships for Niger Deltans, Nigeria
- First Degree with minimum of 2nd Class Lower Division for those wishing to undertake a master’s Degree programme and a good Master’s Degree for PhD candidates from a recognized University.
- Gained Admission into a Post Graduate Programme in any of the listed disciplines in a recognized foreign University Abroad.
- Applicants who have already enrolled in overseas’ universities are NOT eligible to apply
- Guarantor’s written consent of good conduct of the applicant from any of the following persons from the applicant’s community/clan.
- Member of National Assembly
- Chairman of the LGA.
- First class traditional ruler.
- High Court Judge
- Persons with evidence of cult membership or criminal record shall not be considered for the
- Applicants must have completed the mandatory National Youth Service (NYSC).
- Applicants must have a valid Admission Letter from a Foreign University
Number of Scholarships: several
Value of Scholarship: Full-fee scholarship
Duration of Scholarship: For the period of the programme
Deadline: All completed applications must be submitted on or before Friday, April 22, 2016
How to Apply
Application must be made online at the Commission’s website: with the following attachments:
- Recent passport photograph
- Local Government identification letter.
- Post Graduate (PG) admission letter from Overseas University.
- Relevant Degrees from recognized University.
- Y.S.C Discharge Certificate.
Successfully completed application form will be assigned a registration number automatically.
Print the hard copy of the on-line generated acknowledgement for ease of reference.
All shortlisted applicants will be posted on NDDC website,
Select Your Preferred Program from the Links Below to the appropriate application form
Masters Degree – forms.nddc.gov.ng/view.php?id=46
PhD Programme – forms.nddc.gov.ng/view.php?id=45
Scholarship Provider: Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC