The German Academic Exchange Services (DAAD) in collaboration with the Ghana Scholarships Secretariat invite applications from Ghanaians with Science background for the above mentioned scholarship tenable in Germany. The programme shall be taught in the English Language over three year duration.
Application Deadline: 31st October, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Ghana
To be taken at (country): Germany
Eligible Field of Study: Science related fields
About the Award: The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in collaboration with the Ministry of Education and Scholarships Secretariat is inviting applications from Ghanaian students to pursue doctoral training programme.
- Must be a Ghanaian citizen resident in Ghana.
- Must be a teaching staff of a Public or accredited private Tertiary University or Polytechnic.
- Be a first Degree holder with 2nd Class Upper division or First Class
- Must hold Masters degree equivalent to B+ grade or above
- Should have a National Service certificate
- The Masters degree generally should not be more than six (6) years at the last time of graduation.
- Should not be more than 45 years
- Should be willing to learn the German Language
Number of Awardees: Not stated
Value of Scholarship: These grants are normally offered within the scope of:
a) Research Grants for Doctoral Candidates and Young Academics and Scientists
d) Summer course grants
Duration of Scholarship: 3 Years
How to Apply: The candidates shall submit a complete application consisting of:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Research proposal (not more than 10 pages) including a detailed time table.
- Should have secured admission with a recognized German University and develop research proposal with a would-be German Supervisor.
Interested applicants should submit their applications and the above mentioned requirements to the address indicated below not later than 31st October, 2017.
P. O. BOX M. 75
Award Provider: DAAD, Ghana Ministry of Education
Important Notes: Please NOTE that only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.