The University of Glasgow is offering 8 scholarships worth the full tuition fee for a one-year Masters programme for September 2017 academic session. African applicants are eligible to apply for these scholarships.
- Applicants holding a programme offer by 1st December 2016 will receive their scholarship outcome by 16th December
- Applicants holding a programme offer by 1st March 2017 will receive their scholarship outcome by 16th March
- Applicants holding a programme offer by 1st June 2017 will receive their scholarship outcome by 16th June
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): UK
Eligible Field of Study: All
Eligibility: Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of their application for admission and must:
- be resident in Africa at time of applying have completed a first degree in Africa
- demonstrate academic excellence and achieve grades equivalent to a degree equivalent to a UK 2:1 Hons or better
Selection Criteria: Applicants will be automatically assessed for a scholarship based on academic merit.
Number of Awardees: 2 per College
Value of Scholarship: Full fee waiver
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year
How to Apply: Applicants who are being considered will be notified within the timeframes above. There is no separate application form required.
Offer holders who are being considered for the scholarship will be contacted and asked to submit a 400 word personal statement detailing:
- why you have selected the programme at the University of Glasgow
- why you merit the funded-place (e.g academic/personal achievement)
- how you will benefit from it (e.g. employment prospects, financial relief, etc)
- Your personal statement should be around 400 words and include your full name and applicant number.
Award Provider: University of Glasgow