Deadline for applications: The Google RISE program is currently accepting applications through September 23, 2016
Brief Description: The RISE program supports and connects not-for-profit organizations around the world to increase equity in Computer Science education with a focus on girls, minorities who are historically underrepresented in the field, and youth from low-income communities.
Google believes that technology will continue to play an important role in shaping our future, and the youth of today will help innovate and drive these technologies for years to come.
We hope that all students will one day have the chance to reach their potential and achieve great things in science. To that end, we aspire to help students take one step closer to achieving their potential by offering organizational growth and development opportunities through the Google RISE Awards.
Value of Award: RISE Awards include:
- Capacity Building: Access to a 12-month capacity programme that exposes candidates to Google expertise
- Financial: Grants of $10,000 – $25,000
- Operational Support: Customised to the needs of the organisation such as volunteers or pro-bono consulting
- A community of Practice: Continued peer engagement through a community of practice connects awardees, alumni, and beyond so that communities around the world can learn from best practices and lessons learned.
Fields of Interest: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), as well as Computer Science (CS)
Who is Eligible?: Organizations from around the globe who are working to promote and support Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM), as well as Computer Science (CS). with emphasis on increasing engagement of socioeconomically disadvantaged students, girls, and under-represented minorities are eligible for consideration.
- Google RISE Awards are specifically geared towards STEM and CS educational and outreach programs around the world
- Applications are encouraged from organizations and educational institutions regardless of the socio-economic status, race, or gender of the students they serve
- Please note that the RISE team is not able to provide one on one consultations during the review process (both prior to applying and after applications have been submitted) to ensure no bias is given to specific organizations
The following are countries eligible for RISE:
- Afghanistan, Åland Islands, Albania, Algeria, American Samoa, Andorra, Angola, Anguilla, Antarctica, Antigua and Barbuda, Argentina, Armenia, Aruba, Australia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Benin, Bermuda, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bonaire, Saba & Saint Eustatius, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Bouvet Island, Brazil, British Indian Ocean Territory, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cape Verde, Cayman Islands, Central African Republic, Chad, Chile, China, Christmas Island, Cocos [Keeling] Island, Colombia, Congo, Democratic Republic of, Congo, Republic of, Comoros, Cook Islands, Costa Rica, Côte d’Ivoire, Croatia, Curaçao, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Falkland Islands [Islas Malvinas], Faroe Islands, Fiji, Finland, France, French Guiana, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Greenland, Grenada, Guadeloupe, Guam, Guatemala, Guernsey, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Heard Island and McDonald Islands, Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia , Iraq, Ireland, Isle of Man, Israel, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Laos, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Republic of, Madagascar, Malawi,, Malaysia, Maldives,Mali, Malta, Marshall Islands, Martinique, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Moldova, Monaco, Mongolia, Montenegro, Montserrat, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nauru, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Niue, Norfolk Island, Northern Mariana Islands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Palestinian Territories, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Pitcairn , Islands, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Réunion, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Saint Barthélemy, Saint Helena, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Martin, Saint Pierre and Miquelon, Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Samoa, San Marino, São Tomé and Príncipe, Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Singapore, Saint Maarten, Slovakia, Slovenia, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tajikistan, Tanzania, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tokelau, Tonga, Trinidad and Tobago, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, Tuvalu, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands, U.S. Virgin Islands, Uganda, Ukraine,United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom, United States, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vatican City, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna, Western Sahara, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
If you have additional questions about whether or not your organization meets these eligibility requirements, please contact: [email protected]
How to Apply: To apply, please complete and submit this application by the deadline.
NB: Be sure to read through the guidelines on the Google RISE Award pages before applying.