Exeter College, Oxford University is offering the Kufuor Scholarships to a top Ghanaian student who wishes to undertake a graduate degree at Exeter College, University of Oxford.
Application Deadline: 6th or 20th January, 2017
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Ghana
To be taken at (country): University of Oxford, UK
Eligible Field of Study: DPhil courses at the University
About the Award: The College seeks to elect a John Kufuor Scholar from among students who are normally resident in Ghana and who have an offer of admission to study for a DPhil at Oxford University, starting in the academic year 2017–18. This Scholarship is created by a generous benefaction given in honour of H.E. John Agyekum Kufuor, President of the Republic of Ghana 2001‒09, who was a student at Exeter College.
Eligibility: The Scholarship is open to any student who
• is an Ghanaian Citizen, resident in Ghana, and
• wishes to study for a graduate degree at Exeter College, Oxford
• has been accepted into the University of Oxford onto such a graduate course
• commits to remaining at Exeter College for the duration of his or her course, and
• gives an undertaking (and signs a letter to that effect) to return to Ghana to work in the Public Sector on completion of his or her course of study, for a minimum of one year, in order to make a contribution to that country.
Value of Scholarship: Where a suitable candidate is identified, the Scholarship will be awarded in conjunction with an Oxford University Clarendon Fund award, and together these awards will fund all University and College fees and a generous grant to cover living expenses.
Duration of Scholarship: The Scholarship is awarded for one year in the first instance, and will be renewable for the remaining years of DPhil fee liability subject to satisfactory academic progress being made.
How to Apply: There is no separate application process for this Scholarship; you simply need to apply for your graduate course by the relevant January deadline. We will consider all eligible applicants to Oxford for this Scholarship, regardless of whether or not you state Exeter College as your preferred college on your graduate application form. If we offer this Scholarship we will also offer you a place at Exeter College, which will take the place of any earlier college offer you may have.