Scholarship Name: Loughborough University Graduate School Development Trust Africa Scholarships: Full-fee Scholarships
Every year Loughborough University UK offers Full Tuition fee Graduate School Development Trust scholarship for African students. Application for 2015/2016
Accepted Subject Areas?
Masters Taught Courses offered at Loughborough University
Towards the end of each year, Loughborough University, UK announce its full-fee scholarships for international full-time taught postgraduate students who are currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa. The Loughborough University Graduate School Development Trust Africa Scholarships covers 100% of the course fees for your chosen postgraduate taught course for one year (replacing any Departmental or Loughborough University scholarships or bursaries you may already have been awarded).
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
For 2014 entry the scholarship application procedure is an open competition. Students may only apply for the scholarship after an offer for a place has been made. Students who are in possession of an offer (conditional or unconditional) of a place on a postgraduate taught course can apply for the scholarship using the application form which will be provided from the link below.
Who is qualified to apply?
The selection panel will use the following eligibility criteria when assessing applications:
- Currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa
- Evidence of exceptional academic achievement (normally a 1st Class Honours Degree)
- Commitment to return to their home country on completion of postgraduate programme
- Evidence of the ability and commitment to making a significant contribution to their home country on their return
- Full understanding of the costs involved in coming to study and live in the UK
- Evidence of strong motivation and initiative to secure funds to cover the remainder of the costs involved
How Many Scholarships are available? The University will award a limited number of scholarships
What are the benefits?
The scholarship will cover 100% of the course fees. Students will be expected to fund their travel and maintenance costs through other sources.
How long will sponsorship last?
Financial award will last for the full duration of the postgraduate taught degree programme
Eligible African Countries
All African Countries
To be taken at (country): Loughborough University UK
Application Deadline: The deadline for applications will be provided on the link below but typically around 30th April 2015
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
Visit scholarship webpage for details
The scholarships are being funded through a combination of generous external funding and Loughborough University funds UK.
- Note that scholarship applications will not be considered unless the applicant is holding an offer or a place at the time of submission (this offer may be conditional or unconditional).
- Do not submit your scholarship application until you have received your offer letter.
- Applications will be initially shortlisted and the final decision on the awards will be made by a selection panel of senior staff of the University.
- All those applying will be notified of the outcome of their application by email by the end of May at the latest.