Scholarship Name: The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Scholarship Programme
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Scholarship Programme for scholars from developing countries in the field of Socio-economic modeling, Underlying science of Climate change and water Switzerland 2012.
Accepted Subject Areas?
- Socio-economic modeling related to climate change
- Underlying science of climate change
- Climate change and water
The aim of the IPCC Scholarship Programme is to build capacity in the understanding and management of climate change in developing countries through providing opportunities for young scientists from developing countries to undertake studies that would not be possible without the intervention of the Fund. Applications from Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and Small Island Developing States (SIDS) researching topics with the fields of study chosen for the call for applications are given priority.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not specified
Scholarship Type: PhD scholarship
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
Applications will be submitted to a two-level selection process. IPCC scientific experts will assess the applications in a first review. The IPCC Science Board will then review the applications and make a final selection of candidates to receive the awards.
Who is qualified to apply?
- Post-Graduate students at PhD level, accepted at a recognized educational institution to start studies in 2013, or currently enrolled on continuing PhD courses
- Applicants must be younger than 30 years of age at the time of application
- Applicants must be nationals of developing countries
How Many Scholarship Positions are available? Several
What are the benefits?
A scholarship award will be for a maximum amount of USD 20,000 per year.
How long will sponsorship last?
Till the end of the program
Eligible African Countries
Open for students from developing countries
To be taken at (country): Switzerland
What time of year does Application Close?
Application deadline is on 30 September 2012
Offered annually? Yes
How can I Apply?
- Download and complete an application form
- Register to upload your completed application and requested supporting documents via the following link: https://www.ipcc.ch/apps/scholarship/applicant/
Sponsor: The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)
Priority will be given to students from Least Developed Countries (LDCs) and Small Island Developing States (SIDS)
Equal opportunity will be given to equally qualified women
To obtain more information, please email or call:
Tel.: +41(22) 730 8208