Scholarship Name: Alexander von Humboldt Foundation International Climate Protection Fellowships
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation offers International Climate Protection Fellowships in Germany for researchers from Developing Countries, Germany 2015
Accepted Subject Areas?
International Climate Protection
The International Climate Protection Fellowships enable prospective leaders to conduct a research-related project of their own choice during a one-year stay in Germany.
Submit an application if you are a prospective leader from a non-European threshold or developing country working in the field of climate protection and resource conservation in academia, business or administration in your country.
Scholarship Type: Fellowship for developing countries
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
- First academic degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent), completed less than 12 years prior to the start of the fellowship
- Extensive professional experience in a leadership role (at least 48 months at the time of application) in the field of climate protection and resource conservation or a further academic or professional qualification;
- Initial practical experience (at least 12 months at the time of application) through involvement in projects related to climate protection and resource conservation (possibly already during studies);
- Leadership potential demonstrated by initial experience in leadership positions and/or appropriate references (see no. 8);
- A detailed statement by a host in Germany, including a confirmation of support; details of the proposed project must be discussed with the prospective host prior to application;
- Very good knowledge of English and/or German, documented by appropriate language certificates;
- Two to three expert references by individuals qualified to comment on the candidate’s professional, personal and, if applicable, academic eligibility and his / her leadership potential.
How long will sponsorship last? One year
Citizenship of a non-European threshold or developing country (see list of countries) which is also the fellow’s habitual abode and place of work;
To be taken at (country): Germany
Submit an application by 15 March 2015
Offered annually? Yes
How can I Apply?
Visit the Scholarship Webpage
Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
Potential applicants who have spent more than six months in Germany or more than 12 months in a country that is not on the list of countries at the time of or shortly before application should contact the Humboldt Foundation ([email protected]) before submitting an application as they may be ineligible on formal grounds.