Scholarship Name: Robert S. McNamara (RSM) International Fellowship Program
The World Bank funds the Robert S. McNamara (RSM) International Fellowship for Doctoral students to study at host institution, in development related fields 2013-2014.
Accepted Subject Areas?
Economics, health, education, agriculture, environment, natural resource management, or other development related subject.
The Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program was established in 1982 by a resolution of the Executive Directors to “award fellowships for full-time study or research at the postgraduate level in fields related to economic development, to be carried out at a recognized institution in a Bank member country other than the applicant’s home country”. The award amount was fixed at US$7,500 to cover research costs through the twelve months fellowship period.
Scholarship Offered Since: 1982
Scholarship Type: Doctoral scholarship Grant
Who is qualified to apply?
Applicants must meet the following general criteria to be eligible for a fellowship award:
- Be a national and resident of a World Bank member country which is currently eligible to borrow;
- Candidates should be under 45 years of age. Candidates born before July 31, 1968 will not be considered;
- Must have completed and been awarded at least a Master’s degree, or equivalent, at the time of application;
- Be regularly registered in a development related doctoral program;
- Must have completed all coursework and exam requirements for their doctoral program;
- Be employed as full time lecturer or researcher by an academic or research institution in their home country;
- Be accepted as a visiting scholar by a renowned university located outside the country of origin or residence for a period of five to ten months.
How Many Scholarship Positions are available? Several
How long will sponsorship last? Scholarship is a onetime grant
Eligible Countries: World Bank Member Countries
To be taken at (country): Host Institution in any country other than candidates home country
is 31 July 2013
Offered annually? Yes.
How can I Apply?
Application forms are available in English, French, and Spanish in PDF format from link below
How can I get more information?
If you need more Information about this scholarship, visit the Scholarship Webpage
Sponsor: The World Bank
Important Notes: Applications and correspondence should be mailed to:
The World Bank
Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program
1818 H Street, NW – MSN J4-402
Washington, DC 20433
The Program Office can also be contacted at:
Tel: +1 (202) 473-6849:
Fax: +1 (202) 522-4036
Email: [email protected]