Victoria University is offering scholarships for international students to study in Australia. These scholarships are available for graduate researchers undertaking a research project at the university.
Application Deadline: 30th September 2017
All scholarships are for commencement by 31st March 2018.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): Victoria University, Australia
About the Award: The purpose of these scholarships is to support high quality research by assisting students with excellent academic qualifications who wish to participate in postgraduate research programs in Australia. These scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit and it should be noted that the competition is intense and only those applicants with outstanding academic results are likely to be successful. The International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) covers the full tuition costs, overseas student health cover and a VU International Postgraduate Research Scholarship which provides a living allowance of $22,860 per annum.
International applicants will be considered for the:
- Research Training Program Stipend Scholarship (RTPSS) – International
- Victoria University International Research Scholarship (VUIPRS)
You do not need to nominate a particular scholarship on your application form.
By what Criteria is Selection Made? Applications are ranked on the basis of merit with preference given to students undertaking research projects in one of the areas of research strength at Victoria University (VU).
Who is qualified to apply? To be eligible for an RTPSS and VUIPRS, candidate must:
- Be a citizen of any country other than Australia or New Zealand.
- Have completed a four year undergraduate degree, or equivalent. For example:
- a four year undergraduate degree (e.g. Engineering or Law);
- a three year degree and an Honours year;
- a three year degree and a postgraduate diploma at an advanced level; or
- a three year degree and one year of a higher degree.
- Meet the University’s academic entrance requirements for enrolment into a research degree.
- Meet the University’s English language proficiency requirements for enrolment in a research degree.
- Be commencing a Masters by Research or Doctoral degree in 2018.
- Enrol as a full-time student
Number of Awards: Several
What are the benefits? VUIPRS provides a living allowance of $26,288 per annum (2016 rate). In addition, successful applicants will be awarded a 100% Tuition Fees Scholarship which provides a waiver of tuition fees for the duration of the course.
How long will sponsorship last? For the duration of the scholarship program
Award Sponsor: Victoria University Australia