Application Deadline: April 30, 2016 | Offered annually? Not specified
Brief description: Applications for the African Graduate Scholarships for the academic year 2016-2017 are now open for African Students to study at University College London UK. The deadline for IGH to receive applications is April 30, 2016.
IGH African Graduate Scholarships is Sponsored by the Alan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust, CP Charitable Trust, and the International Student House, this scholarship exists to support African nationals with a high – quality academic and professional background who would not be able to study at UCL without financial assistance.
Eligible Field of Study: full-time postgraduate programme at the UCL Institute for Global Health
The scholarships exist to support African nationals with a high-quality academic and professional background who would not be able to sudy at UCL without financial assistance. The Scholarship is a one-off award for the academic year September-September to study at the UCL Institute for Global Health.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not specified
Scholarship Type: Masters degree
Selection Criteria and Eligibility
- The candidate must be an African national and a permanent resident of an African nation at the time of application.
- The candidate must have made an application and been accepted to UCL to study for a full-time postgraduate programme at the Institute for Global Health for the coming academic year.
- The scheme offers a substantial scholarship towards UCL tuition fees, accommodation and some living costs. The candidate must also be able to provide evidence that he/she has secured other sources of funding for traveling to and from the UK.
Number of Scholarships: not specified
Value of Scholarship: The Scholarship is a one-off award for the academic year September – September to study Global Health and Development at UCL
The amount awarded will be dependent on the individual candidate. Payment of the Scholarship is made in the form of a deduction from tuition fees and accommodation expenses at the start of the academic session; and by cheques in regular intervals throughout the academic year to pay for food, transport and daily expenses.
Duration of Scholarship: For the duration of one-year master program
Eligible Countries: African
To be taken at (country): UCL Institute for Global Health UK
How to Apply
Once candidates have been accepted in the IGH Postgraduate programme and obtained an unconditional offer letter, candidates are required to complete a scholarship application form.
Candidates are required to submit their completed scholarship application forms with the following documentation:
- Two reference letters. (Preferably one professional and one academic reference). Reference letters must be on letter-headed paper with a signature and must be signed across the seal of the envelope to ensure confidentiality (if sent by post). If sent by email the referee can send the signed letter directly to Paloma Garcia Paredes at email@example.com
- A copy of the UCL unconditional offer letter for the relevant academic year that the scholarship is intended for.
- A current CV.
- A letter confirming current employment status and annual salary in GBP.
- Copies of certificates and transcripts for higher education and professional training.
Visit scholarship webpage for more details
- CP Charitable Trust
- International Student House