The PEO International Peace Scholarship Fund is a program of Women helping women reach for the stars. The fund will provide scholarships for selected women from other countries for graduate study in the United States and Canada. Members of P.E.O. believe that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding and aims to help qualified women who desire higher education and are in need of financial assistance.
Eligibility and Criteria
- An applicant must be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the united States or canada.
- A student who is a citizen or permanent resident of the united States or canada is not eligible.
- Scholarships are not given for research, internships, or practical training, unless it is combined with coursework. Awards are not to be used to pay past debts.
- In order to qualify for her first scholarship, an applicant must have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
- international students attending cottey college are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
The maximum amount awarded to a student is $10,000. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs.
The scholarship is based upon demonstrated financial need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. At the time of application, the applicant is required to confirm additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Additional resources may include personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants and other scholarships.
Awards are announced in may. The amount of the scholarship will be divided into two payments to be distributed in August and December
Application Guideline and Procedures
- Information concerning the international peace Scholarship program is available from the P.E.O. Executive Office or from the website at peointernational.org.
- Eligibility must be established before application material is made available. Eligibility information and application deadlines can be found at any time on the P.E.O. website.
- Information concerning admission to cottey college may be obtained by writing to the coordinator of Admissions, Cottey College, Nevada, Missouri 64772, or visit them at cottey.edu.
Awards are announced in May. The amount of the scholarship will be divided into two payments to be distributed in August and December.
September 15, 2015
IPS begins to accept Eligibility Forms
December 15, 2015
Last day to submit Eligibility Forms
March 1, 2016
Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants already enrolled in the graduate program and school for which their scholarship is intended
April 1, 2016
Last day to submit completed application materials from applicants not yet enrolled in the graduate program or school for which the scholarship is intended
Last day to submit completed application materials for applicants who will be attending Cottey College
Notification of scholarship awards
June 1, 2016
Last day for students to accept IPS scholarships