Scholarship Name: West Africa Scholarship Scheme
2012 Masters Scholarship for Students from West Africa – Benin, Cameroon, Gambia, Ghana, Nigeria, Togo – to study in the Faculty of Social Sciences and Health, Faculty of Science and Durham Business School at Durham University UK
Accepted Subject Areas?
- Computer Science
- Human Resource
- Mathematical Sciences
- Politics and International Relations
- Public Policy and Health
- Social Work
*Excludes the MBA Programme and distance learning courses
The Durham University will be awarding three postgraduate scholarships to outstanding candidates from West Africa. Each scholarship is awarded in the form of a one-year postgraduate taught tuition fee waiver; one each in the Faculty of Social Sciences and Health, Faculty of Science and Durham Business School.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not specified
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
The scholarship scheme is awarded on a competitive basis. Each award will be made to students on the basis of academic excellence. The statement of purpose will be used to help further judge students.
Who is qualified to apply?
- Hold a first class bachelors degree from a West African institution and satisfy the admissions requirement of your chosen course, including English Language proficiency
- Be a national from, and residing in, one of the listed west African countries
- Liable to pay fees at the overseas student rate
- Intending to start your course of study in September 2012
- Submit with your initial application a one page statement of purpose. This should include your eligibility for the award, your motivation for taking the course and coming to the UK and any relevant extra-curricular activities/work experience.
How Many Scholarships are available? Three (3)
What are the benefits?
Students do not have to pay for their tuition fees but are only responsible for accommodation and living costs during their stay in the UK. As an example, UKBA recommend that students have GBP 600 per month for living costs and a 50 week stay in Ustinov, Durham’s postgraduate College costs approximately, GBP 6,000.
How long will sponsorship last?
For the duration of the programme
Eligible African Countries
To be taken at (country): Durham University UK
What time of year does Application Close?
The deadline for applications in order to be considered for the award is 30 April 2012
Offered annually? Not Specified
How can I Apply?
- All students who meet the above criteria will automatically be considered for the scholarship
- Applications will be considered by a panel of senior academics from the relevant faculties
- Successful students will be informed by 1 July 2012
How can I get more information?
If you need more Information about this scholarship, kindly visit the Scholarship Webpage
Durham University UK
If you have any questions about the Scheme please contact international.office[at]durham.ac.uk.