Application Deadline: The timing for the 2016 program is as follows:
- Winter – Session I: January through March. Application period from July to 15 October.
- Summer – Session II: June through August. Application period from December to 15 March.
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible African Countries: Member countries of the African Development Bank
To be taken at (country): Internships shall be performed either at the Bank’s headquarters in Abidjan (Côte d’Ivoire) or in any one of the Bank’s field offices or Regional Centers.
Scholarship Name: Internship Programme at African Development Bank (AfDB)
Subject Areas: The specific disciplines and specialist professional areas that are aligned to our Ten-Year Strategy and our gender strategy are the following:
- Economy: Development Research; Statistics;
- Operations I: Procurement & Fiduciary Services, Fragile States situations;
- Operations II: Agriculture & Agro Industry; Human Development; Governance; Water & Sanitation, Natural Resource Management;
- Operations III: Energy, Environment & Climate Change; Transport & ICT; Private Sector; Regional Integration and Trade;
- Strategy & Operational Policies;
- Results & Quality Assurance;
- Finance; Budget; Treasury; Resource Mobilization; Risk Management; Audit;
- General/Business Administration;
- Human Resources Management;
- IT Services; IT Engineers; Security; IT Security;
- Protocol Services ; Language Services;
- Communication & External Relations;
- Corporate Lawyers;
- Translation / Interpretation.
African Development Bank offers internship programme to students from its member African countries currently undertaking their masters’ programme at a recognized public or private institution.
The broad objectives of the program are to:
- Provide students with an opportunity to acquire professional and practical experience at the African Development Bank.
- Provide the Bank with a pool of potential candidates for future recruitment purposes.
However applicants should not expect the internship to lead to immediate employment with the AfDB.
Offered Since: Not Specified
The following are the minimum requirements:
- Aged between eighteen (18) to thirty (30) years
- Enrolled in a Bachelor’s/Master’s level degree program or its equivalent in a recognized public or private institution of higher learning.
- Apply for an internship within one year of having obtained such a degree.
- Provide a letter from the University / Professional institution school confirming the enrollment for the current Program.
- Citizen of a regional or non-regional member country of the African Development Bank.
- Applicants must be fluent in, at least, one of the Banks’s working languages (English or French).
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
In addition to above, preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate the following:
- Ability to leverage knowledge.
- Ability to share knowledge.
- Adaptability to multicultural settings.
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of a third language that is relevant to the Bank’s operations.
- Special consideration shall be given to students who are working on projects that have a direct bearing on the mission of the Bank.
Number of Internship Positions: Not Specified
Benefits: Interns will be provided with a monthly stipend.
Interns will be responsible for their airfare to and from the location of their internship, their visa if needed and will be required to have international medical and accident insurance coverage for the duration of their internship.
Duration: Internships will initially be for a period of three months, renewable for up to six months (maximum).
How can I Apply?
Applicants are required to apply through the link below.
Applicants are requested to attach:
- A comprehensive CV and a cover letter.
- Copy of the latest Degree or equivalent or
- A recommendation letter from the academic institution they are currently attending.
- A brief description of the program or the topic (thesis or dissertation) to be prepared during the internship (when applicable).
Please note that only complete applications will be processed.
Visit the internship Webpage for details
Sponsors: African Development Bank
Important Notes: Due to the high volume of responses received, only electronic confirmations of receipt will be issued. If you do not hear from us by 31st July 2016, then your application would not have been considered for the first stage of the 2016 intake.