Application Deadline: 15th October 2017
Eligible Countries: Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Malawi or Zambia.
About the Award: One Acre Fund is looking to place a cohort of paid interns and fellows in several departments in 2018. For twelve to twenty-four weeks (January to April/January to July), interns and fellows will work on impactful projects, receive mentorship from organizational leaders and provide support to One Acre Fund’s operations. Interns and fellows will be given substantial work assignments and asked to produce high quality deliverables. Opportunities may be available in the following departments:
- Business Development & Communications – tells the story of One Acre Fund’s smallholder clients to donors, supporters and the world.
- Finance, Audit – supports our operation with financial advice, reporting. Reduce waste and inefficiency by improving processes
- Field Operations – serves farmers directly with training, input delivery and loan servicing
- Government Relations and Policy – builds and maintain relationships with government and other stakeholders. Help shape rural development policy.
- Procurement, Supply Chain and Logistics – sources and delivers the quality inputs and supplies our farmers need each season
- Product Innovations, Monitoring and Evaluations, Ag Research – conducts research that measures the impact of our core program and finds the next innovative solution for our farmers
- People Operations – supports the rapidly growing One Acre Fund family of leaders, finds the next generation of talent.
- Systems – Manages the data and business processes that help us reach farmers efficiently.
- Tech – build the software and tools that help us serve more farmers
Eligibility: This program is designed to provide meaningful work opportunities for East and Southern Africa’s brightest young professionals. You are eligible to apply for this opportunity if you meet the below criteria:
- You will be a university graduate (first degree) by January 15, 2018.
- You can speak and read English fluently.
- You hold citizenship or work authorization in Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Malawi or Zambia.
Selection Criteria: We are looking for truly extraordinary candidates for several competitive positions. No prior experience is required and candidates who fit the following criteria are strongly encouraged to apply:
- Citizenship in Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda, Malawi or Zambia – you will be asked to submit a copy of your passport biodata page or your national ID card
- Exceptional recent college graduate or young professional
- Strong work experiences. Examples include part-time or full-time jobs, internships, fellowships or research positions while at school
- Leadership experience at work, school clubs, volunteer organizations etc.
- Top-performing undergraduate background (include GPA/Marks on your application)
- Strong interest in One Acre Fund’s work serving smallholder farmers
- Strong desire for personal and professional growth
- Flexibility and a willingness to take on varied tasks
- Ability to work both independently and part of a team
- Fluent in English and relevant African languages (e.g. Kinyarwanda, Kiswahili, Bemba, Chichewa, etc.)
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: This is a paid program. Interns/Fellows will be provided with a reasonable stipend for the duration of their contract. Those based at rural sites will be provided assistance in locating suitable housing. Internships are a recruiting initiative. Historically, about 40% of interns/fellows are hired on to full-time roles.
Duration of Program: Mid Jan – April 2018, extensions available at your manager’s discretion
How to Apply: Complete this application form by October 15th, 2017. Submitting a CV is optional but you must complete the application form including two essays and proof of work eligibility.
Award Providers: One Acre Fund