Scholarship Name: Edinburgh Global Health Academy Master’s Scholarship
2015 Masters Scholarship in Global Health programmes for students from developing countries at University of Edinburgh, UK
Eligible Fields pd Study
The scholarship will be available for students pursuing one of the following Global Health Academy programmes:
- MSc Global Health and Public Policy
- MSc Global Health and Anthropology
- MSc Health Inequalities and Public Policy
- MSc Health Systems and Public Policy
- MSc One Health
- MSc Public Health Research
- MSc Sociology and Anthropology of Health and Illness
The University of Edinburgh will offer one full-time Master’s scholarship for eligible programmes offered by the University through the Edinburgh Global Health Academy Master’s Scholarship for 2014.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
- The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree at undergraduate level or the international equivalent.
- The scholarship will be awarded to a student who is accepted for admission onto an eligible Global Health Academy programme at the University of Edinburgh (see above).
- Applicants must be both nationals of and resident in one of the eligible countries (see below).
Number of Scholarships: One
What are the benefits?
The scholarship will come the UK/EU “home” rate of tuition fee of up to £6,050.
Duration of Scholarship: The duration of the full-time master’s programme
Eligible African Countries
Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Equatorial Guinea, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Other Developing Countries
Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, Comoros, Eritrea, Haiti, Kribati, Lao PDR, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, Timor-Leste, Vanuatu, Yemen, Rep
Countries listed above are defined as least developed nations by the United Nations Composition of macro geographical (continental) regions, geographical sub-regions, and selected economic and other groupings.
To be taken at (country): University of Edinburgh, UK
The application deadline for this scholarship is 29 May 2015.
Offered annually? Yes
How can I Apply?
Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application form.
Please note that you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication.
University of Edinburgh, UK
How can I get more information?
If you need more Information about this scholarship, kindly visit the Scholarship Webpage
A Selection Committee will meet in late June 2015 to select the scholarship holders. The winners of the scholarships will be announced by the end of June 2015.