This scholarship is for applicants to the Master of Leadership in Global Development postgraduate coursework program, commencing in 2018.
Application Deadline: 6th November 2017
Eligible Countries: Low and middle Income countries
To Be Taken At (Country): Australia
About the Award: The purpose of the scholarship is to encourage and support international students from low to middle income countries with demonstrated frontline experience of working on development projects. Applicants must have a stated desire and purpose to bring frontline learning to higher levels of aid organisations and development policy arenas. Applicants must have been educationally disadvantaged as a result of their financial circumstances.
Eligibility: An applicant is eligible for the scholarship, if the applicant –
- Has an existing application with UQ for the MLGD and meets all entry requirements for the program – conditional on earning the MicroMasters® credential; and
- Submits an application to the Head, by the closing date for applications; and
- Is an international student within the meaning of the Fee Rules.
Incomplete applications and applications not meeting the eligibility requirements will not be considered.
- The scholarship is awarded to the applicant showing greatest merit as demonstrated by –
- Demonstrated frontline experience working on development projects
- Educational disadvantage experienced as a result of financial circumstances;
- Demonstrated interest in a continued career in the development sector;
- Personal qualities, including leadership potential, community service and engagement; and
- Any other matter that the selection committee considers to be relevant to the applicant’s futursuccess in the development profession
- For the selection process, the Head must establish a Selection Committee, comprising –
- The Head, or nominee, as Chair of the Committee; and
- The Program Director of the MLGD program; and
- One member of the university’s academic staff who is currently teaching into the program.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: $36,688. The value of the scholarship is $36,688 (indexed annually) to cover EITHER
- Scholarship A) full tuition fees for the MLGD program for the year for which it is held OR
- Scholarship B) a Living Allowance, Visa application fees, a Travel & Establishment grant, Standard Overseas Student Health (OSHC) cover and the UQ Student Services Amenities Fee (SSAF)
Duration of Program:
How to Apply:
- Applicants must complete an application form and submit this to [email protected] by the closing date.
Award Providers: University of Queensland