Phanes Group is pleased to announce one of the most exciting new initiatives aimed at PV projects in sub-Saharan Africa: the Phanes Group Solar Incubator 2017.
Application Deadline: 1st October 2017
Eligible Countries: sub-Saharan Africa
To Be Taken At (Country): Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire
About the Award: The Phanes Group Solar Incubator was initiated to select and support PV project opportunities in sub-Saharan Africa that for a number of reasons might not be able to reach beyond the planning phase. Secondly, it represents an opportunity for Phanes Group to utilize its expertise and experience to give back to the communities in the economies it serves.
The winning candidate(s) will enter a partnership with Phanes Group holding a long-term stake in the project. Jointly, we will bring the project to financial close. Phanes Group and its partners will provide extensive mentorship and knowledge transfer throughout the development partnership – kicking off with the incubator phase in Dubai, UAE, while also setting the foundations to deliver bankable projects in the future.
Eligibility: The Phanes Group Solar Incubator will only be open to PV projects, given Phane’s expertise and added value in this particular technology.
- Project must be submitted by its owner(s) (or jointly “owners”) or by its/their representatives via a legally valid representation document (e.g. POA);
- The project must be located in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Project must utilize PV technology;
- Project must have a capacity of minimum 10 MW up to 100 MW maximum on-grid;
- Project must demonstrate a convincing CSR concept (e.g. community involvement).
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
Pre-Incubator Phase Benefits at a Glance:
- Complimentary ticket for “Unlocking Solar Capital Africa”;
- Complimentary return flight from country of origin to Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire;
- Complimentary accommodation for one night in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire;
- Opportunity to present the project to a panel of high-level industry players.
Incubator Phase Benefits at a Glance:
- Opportunity to present your project to a high-profile industry related panel;
- Complimentary invitation to Phanes Group’s Dubai headquarters for face-to-face mentoring and remote online sessions for 2 months with the group’s finance and technical experts;
- Knowledge transfer sessions from evaluation partners, raising your project to international standards;
- Project funding and co-development with Phanes Group’s in-house project and finance team;
- Implementation of strategic elements needed to obtain project bankability and financial close undertaken by Phanes Group and its partners;
- Opportunity to find a mentor for your personal and professional development for a preagreed time if both of you are willing to commit.
Duration of Program: The final selection process will take place during the “Unlocking Solar Capital” conference in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire (October 25-26, 2017), where the winner(s) will be announced
How to Apply:
- Please fill out the application form in the Program Webpage (see Link below) send it to [email protected] before October 1, 2017.
- Application must be in English or French.
- Candidate(s) should submit any supporting documents via WeTransfer (https://wetransfer.com/) as instructed in the application form
- For more information, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) document, also available for download
- The submission deadline is October 1, 2017, at 11:59 pm CET (Central Europe Time)
- Please e-mail all submissions to [email protected]
Award Providers: Phanes Group