Scholarship Name: African Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme
Brief description: Africa Guest Researcher Scholarships at Nordic Africa Institute (NAI), Sweden for African Researchers /Scholars 2016 – With preference to Women Researchers
Accepted Subject Areas?
Applications are invited from scholars with research projects related to current thematic research clusters at the Institute:
- Agrarian Change, Property and Resources
- Conflict, Displacement and Transformation
- Globalization, Trade and Regional Integration
- Urban Dynamics
The Nordic Africa Institute (Nordiska Afrikainstitutet) is a center for research, documentation and information on modern Africa in the Nordic region. Based in Uppsala, Sweden, the Institute is dedicated to providing timely, critical and alternative research and analysis of Africa in the Nordic countries and to strengthen the co-operation between African and Nordic researchers.
One important task of the Nordic Africa Institute is to establish and maintain relations with African research communities. This is inter alia carried out through a Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme, which is aimed to provide opportunities for its participants to pursue their own research projects, thereby indirectly strengthening the academic milieux in African countries, and promoting scholarly exchange with Nordic research communities.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not Specified
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
- This scholarship programme is directed at scholars in Africa, engaged in research on the African continent.
- Female researchers are especially encouraged to apply for these scholarships.
Who is qualified to apply?
- The Guest Researchers’ Scholarship Programme is directed at scholars in Africa engaged in research on/about the African continent and with a proven track record of extensive post-graduate research experience
- Women are especially encouraged to apply for these scholarships.
How Many Scholarships are available?
Several scholarships will be awarded
What are the benefits?
The Guest Researchers’ scholarship includes:
- a return air-fare (economy class),
- a subsistence allowance of SEK (Swedish kronor) 300 (approx. USD 45) a day plus an installation grant of SEK 2,500 (approx. USD 370),
- a shared office and free photocopying facilities up to a maximum of 1,000 copies.
- Guest Researchers have access to a computer/MS Word at the office and have to do their own typing.
How long will sponsorship last?
The maximum duration of the stay is 90 days. To be entitled to a refund of the travel costs, the Guest Researcher has to stay for at least two months.
Which African Countries is Eligible?
Where will it be taken (country):
Nordic Africa Insitute, Sweden
Application Deadline: 1 April 2015
Offered annually? Yes
How to Apply
Visit scholarship webpage for details
Nordic Africa Institute, Sweden jointly financed by the Nordic countries (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden).
Important Notes: Applications can be sent by post/airmail or by email. Applications sent by post/airmail should contain 2 copies of each document. Applications sent by email should contain only 1 copy of each document.