Applications are invited from suitably qualified Zambian nationals that meet the minimum requirements outlined below to contest for Twenty Five (25) undergraduate scholarships under the Moroccan Government Scholarship Scheme for the 2017/2018 Academic Year.
Application Deadline: 4th August 2017
Eligible Countries: Zambia
To Be Taken At (Country): Morocco
Fields of Study: Available are: Medicine, Pharmacy, Engineering, Economics & Management, Computer Science, Geology, Architecture and Agronomy.
Eligibility: Applicants should:
- Be Zambian citizens with Green National Registration Cards (NRC)
- Be School Leavers who completed Grade 12 in 2016
- Have Grades 1 Distinctions in all subjects (for those applying for Medicine and Pharmacy)
- Have Grades 1-3 in English, Mathematics and subjects related to the intended field of study (for those applying for other programmes)
- Be between 19 and 23 years old by November 2017
Number of Awards: 25
Value of Award: Fully-funded. However, candidates should meet own cost towards:
- Expenses to and from the Airport;
- Any short fall not adequately covered by the scholarship.
Duration of Program: This is dependent on the program to be pursued, however, all include 1 year of French language course before commencement of the main degree programme.
How to Apply: Applicants should submit:
- A letter of application responding to the advert, clearly stating the field of study desired (as advertised) age, phone number for easy communication;
- Curriculum Vitae, certified photo copy of Grade 12 Examination Council of Zambia (ECZ) Statement of Results, photo copy of applicant’s NRC, photo copy of applicant’s Birth Certificate, Two (2) colour passport size photos (bearing applicant’s full names and nationality at the back) and colour photo copy of pages 2 & 3 of applicant’s passport;
- A typed study plan or synopsis of summarized details of the preferred course and how the intended course of study will enhance one’s contribution to Zambia’s development (200 words on one face of an A4 page)
It is a requirement by the host country that all nominated candidates undergo comprehensive medical examinations including the HIV, TB and Hepatitis tests.
Nominated candidates must note that last-minute withdrawals will attract serious sanctions from the Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board which may include being blacklisted.
Applications should be addressed to: or Hand delivered to:
The Permanent Secretary Room 21 (Registry)
Ministry of Higher Education Maxwell House, Annex Building
P.O. Box 50464 Los Angeles Boulevard, Longacres
Award Providers: Government of Morrocco
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Any applicant who would not hear from the Higher Education Loans and Scholarships Board by 1st September 2017 should consider his/her application as unsuccessful.
- Applicants should apply only in one field of study.