LEAP Africa is proud to be part of a global recognition and promotion of the United Nations’ (UN) International Youth Day which is celebrated each year to recognize the efforts of the world’s youth in enhancing the global society. The theme of this year’s International Youth Day – which takes place on August 12, 2017 – is “Youth Building Peace” and it is dedicated to celebrating young people’s contributions to conflict prevention and transformation as well as inclusion, social justice, and sustainable peace.
Application Deadline: 12th August 2017
Eligible Countries: African countries
About the Award: : LEAP Africa, in partnership with African Artists’ Foundation, is calling upon young people (ages 15-30) to submit a creative and inspiring picture or a video that promotes peace by posting it on their Instagram page in the areas of:
- Spoken word or Poetry.
- Art works (photography, artistic drawing, painting or graphic design).
Eligibility: Candidates must be aged 15-30 years
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award:
- An internship or mentorship opportunity at the African Artist’s Foundation.
- The prizes will include a position as LEAP Africa’s Youth Ambassador for a year and many more.
How to Apply:
- Contestants must follow LEAP Africa on their social media pages and post their submissions using the hashtags #LEAPIYD2017 and #Youth4Peace.
- It is also important to tag @LEAPAfrica on your post submission.
- Winners will be selected and unveiled a week after the competition.
Award Providers: LEAP Africa, African Artists’ Foundation