The Deutsches Museum in Munich has several attractive scholarships to offer research scholars interested in working for six or 12 months on projects involving the museum`s vast and heterogeneous collections. The scholarship programme is international and interdisciplinary in scope.
Application Deadline: 13th October 2017
Eligible Countries: International
To Be Taken At (Country): Germany
About the Award: Applicants are invited to base their projects on the collections of the Deutsches Museum and to cooperate closely with museum staff on site when formulating their research proposals. Projects involving innovative approaches to artefact-oriented research are especially welcome.
During their stay, visiting scholars will have daily contact with the museum´s curators, archivists and librarians (approx. 50 staff members) as well as members of the Münchner Zentrum für Wissenschafts- und Technikgeschichte (Munich Center for the History of Science and Technology; approx. 50 staff members).
Scholarship holders will have their own workplace with a desktop computer and telephone, and the opportunity to reside temporarily in subsidized apartments of the museum complex insofar as these are available. They will present their research projects to colleagues at the beginning of their stay and will be expected to participate regularly in the museum’s and the Munich Centre’s Monday colloquium series and workshops.
- Scholars at any level of seniority are eligible to apply, provided they have at least one university degree.
- There are no restrictions regarding nationality.
- All scholars are requested to make their own provisions for health insurance.
- The ability to read German is a prerequisite for the application (passive language skills).
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: Pre-doctoral stipends: € 7,500 (six months) / € 15,000 (full year). Post-doctoral stipends: € 15,000 (six months) / € 30,000 (full year).
Duration of Program: six or 12 months
How to Apply: Please send applications, including:
- completed application form (pdf-file, 20 kB or rtf-file 60 kB)
- curriculum vitae
- project description (3 to 5 pages)
- two confidential references (can be sent directly by the referees)
to the following address:
Coordinator of the Research Institute
Tel.: 00 49 (0) 89 2179-280
Fax: 00 49 (0) 89 2179-239
Award Providers: Deutsches Museum