Doctoral Scholarship from the Yousef Jameel Scholarship Fund at Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
Application Deadline: 15th July 2017
Eligible Countries: Arab countries including Turkey
To Be Taken At (Country): Humboldt-Universität, Berlin, Germany
Fields of Study: Informatics/ Computer Science, Mathematics, Biology/ Biomedicine, Chemistry, Physics, Geography and Agricultural Science.
About the Award: Promoting the development of young scientists and scholars is a declared goal of Humboldt-Universität. Humboldt-Universität places a high priority on preparing leading young researchers and scientists for careers in research and teaching.
With support of the Yousef Jameel Scholarship Fund Humboldt-Universität will annually award five scholarships to doctoral candidates in the natural science fields of Informatics/ Computer Science, Mathematics, Biology/ Biomedicine, Chemistry, Physics, Geography and Agricultural Science.
- Applicants must possess an academic degree and fulfil the requirements necessary for admission to a doctoral programme at the appropriate Humboldt Universität faculty.
- The applicant must obtain admission to a doctoral programme (Promotionszulassung) before the scholarship’s starting date.
- Very good written and spoken English as well as good German communications skills are required.
- Applications will only be considered from students of Arab countries and Turkey who credibly demonstrate their intent to return.
- To increase the proportion of women at the university, applications from qualified women are particularly encouraged.
- Disabled persons will receive preference, assuming equal qualifications.
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: The stipend awarded is in the amount of 1350 Euros per month, plus materials expenses.
Duration of Program: The scholarships are awarded for a period of three years and commence on October 1.
How to Apply:
– A cover letter detailing the intended field of study of the doctoral program, as well as the motivation of the applicant;
– A CV and list of publications, if applicable;
– An Exposé including a detailed work plan for the three-year scholarship period (maximum ten pages);
– Copies of academic records and references from previous employers, with certified German translations if necessary;
– An evaluation from the applicant’s Ph.D. supervisor of the Humboldt-Universität
Send Applications and Questions to:
Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Yousef Jameel Scholarship
Unter den Linden 6
Award Providers: Yousef Jameel Scholarship Fund