The L’Oréal-UNESCO Maghreb Fellowships For Women in Science 2017 are set to be awarded to 5 young female scientists from 4 different countries of the Maghreb: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Libya.
Application Deadline: 28th July 2017
Offered Annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Libya.
Fields of Award:
- Sciences of Life: Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Physiology, Biotechnology, Ecology and Chemistry.
- Sciences of matter: such as physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering, information sciences, earth and universe sciences.
About the Award: The Maghreb Fellowships L’Oréal-UNESCO For Women in Science aim at promoting the participation of young women in science. This program determines and rewards young talented female researchers in the following fields (Biology, Biochemistry, [email protected], Physiology, Biotechnology, Ecology and Chemistry applied to life). Like those of Sciences of the matter (such as physics, chemistry, mathematics, engineering, information sciences, earth and universe sciences).
Founded in 2007, the L’Oréal-UNESCO Fellowships aim to distinguish young female researchers for the quality of their works and to encourage them to pursue a brilliant career in science. The fellowship is within the framework of a partnership between the L’Oréal Foundation and the National Boards for UNESCO in the 4 previously-named countries.
Eligibility: Eligible for the fellowship applicants who are:
• Applying for a PhD or a post-doctoral fellowship.
• Not working permanently in 2017.
• Working on your PhD or having obtained it and willing to pursue research in one of the fields cited above
• African, working in one of the 4 countries listed above.
• Being aged at most 35 years at the closing date of the call for applications.
Selection Criteria: Selection criteria of the applicants as established by the jury are the following:
• Excellence of the applicant’s academic portfolio (including number, quality and impact of their publications, conference presentations, patents …).
• The scientific quality of the research project.
• The innovative and promising character of their research works (relevant, original, unique …) and its implementation in science.
• The socio-economic impact of the project/ research.
• The path of the candidate (career…).
Scholarships must be devoted exclusively to the [email protected] and development of research and should in no way substitute the responsibilities of laboratory towards its researchers (Displacement, work tools, equipment, and participation in congress…).
Scholarships are neither renewable nor combined with other research grants.
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award: 10 000 €. Cost of traveling and accommodation for Fellows non-residents in Morocco will be provided by the L’Oréal Maroc.
Duration of Program:
How to Apply: Applications can only be made through the online platform: www.fwis.fr by the applicants themselves.
An application is considered complete when it contains all of the following parts, in English or in French:
• A detailed resume (Curriculum Vitae) filled directly in the website www.fwis.fr.
• Copies of diplomas obtained starting from the BS.
• A copy of an official transcript of undergraduate and graduate studies.
• A detailed abstract / description of the research project of a maximum 2 pages
• Including research projects in progress
• A suggested project of the grant’s use supporting the application and inclusive to some budgetary indications
• The list of publications and patents.
• Recommendation letters from supervisor and / or director of the scientific institute or school where the thesis has been carried.
• Letter of acceptance from the host laboratory for post-doctoral studies.
Incomplete applications or those received after the deadline as well as applications that do not fulfill the above conditions will not be considered.
Award Providers: L’Oréal Maroc