The Hodder Fellowship will be given to artists and writers of exceptional promise to pursue independent projects at Princeton University during the academic year.
Application Deadline: 19th September 2017
Eligible Countries: All
To Be Taken At (Country): USA
About the Award: Hodder Fellows spend an academic year at Princeton, but no formal teaching is involved. An $81,000 stipend is provided for this 10-month appointment as a Visiting Fellow. Fellowships are not intended to fund work leading to an advanced degree. One need not be a U.S. citizen to apply.
- Potential Hodder Fellows are composers, choreographers, performance artists, visual artists, writers or other kinds of artists or humanists who have “much more than ordinary intellectual and literary gifts”; they are selected more “for promise than for performance.”
- Given the strength of the applicant pool, most successful Fellows have published a first book or have similar achievements in their own fields;
- Advanced degrees preferred, although not required.
- Non-US citizens are welcome to apply.
- This fellowship cannot be used to fund work leading to a Ph.D. or any other advanced degree.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Award: $81,000. The Hodder is designed to provide Fellows with a year of “studious leisure” to undertake significant new work.
Duration of Program: 10 months. Hodder Fellows spend an academic year at Princeton.
How to Apply: APPLY HERE