Scholarship Name: Edinburgh Global Development Academy Master’s Scholarship
2013/2014 Masters Scholarship offer at the University of Edinburgh for student from UK/EU and Developing Country
Accepted Subject Areas?
For students pursuing one of the following Global Development Academy programmes
- MSc Africa and International Development
- MSc Environment and Development
- MSc International Development
- MSc Science, Technology and International Development
- MSc South Asia and International Development
What is this Scholarship about?
For 2013/2014 academic year, the University of Edinburgh will offer 2 Master’s scholarships covering the overseas rate of fee for students from less developed countries and 2 Master’s scholarships covering the “home” rate of tuition fee for UK/EU students for eligible Master’s programmes offered by the University.
Scholarship Offered Since: Not specified
By what Criteria is Selection Made?
- The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, a UK first class or 2:1 Honours degree at undergraduate level or the international equivalent.
Who is qualified to apply?
- The scholarships covering the overseas rate of fee will be awarded to students who are accepted for admission onto an eligible Global Development Academy programme at the University of Edinburgh.
- Applicants must be both nationals of and resident of one of the developing countries listed below.
How Many Scholarships are available? Four
What is the benefit?
Each scholarship will cover the overseas rate of tuition fee, while a further two scholarships will cover the UK/EU rate of tuition fee only
How long will sponsorship last?
Duration of Masters Programme
Which African Countries is Eligible?
Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cape Verde ,Central African Republic ,Chad, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea , Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Republic Lesotho, Liberia ,Madagascar, Malawi , Mali ,Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal ,Sierra ,Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Togo, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Other Developing Countries outside Africa
Afghanistan , Bangladesh, ,Bhutan, Cambodia, Comoros, Eritrea, Haiti, Kribati, Lao People’s Democratic, Maldives, Myanmar ,Nepal, Samoa ,Sao Tome and Principe, Solomon, Islands,Timor-Leste,Tuvalu, Vanuatu ,Yemen
Where will it be taken (country): University of Edinburgh, UK
12 April 2013
Is this Scholarship offered annually? Yes
How can I Apply?
Eligible applicants will have to complete an online scholarship application. You will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication.
Scholarship is offered by the University of Edinburgh, UK
How can I get more information?
If you need more Information about this scholarship, kindly visit the Scholarship Webpage
A Selection Committee will meet in May 2013 to select the scholarship holders. The winners of the scholarships will be announced by the end of May 2013.