The Brain Behaviour Unit (BBU) invites applications for a postdoctoral fellowship in the areas of psychiatric neurogenetics, neuroimaging, or neuro-development.
Application Deadline: 31st July 2017
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be taken at (country): South Africa
Field of Study: Preference will be given to applicants whose research interests are aligned with the below mentioned areas within psychiatric neuroscience.
About the Award: The BBU is nested within UCT’s Dept of Psychiatry & Mental Health and the Neuroscience Institute and focuses on psychiatric neuroscience. Ongoing projects in the BBU include Enhancing Neuroimaging Genetics Through Meta-Analysis (ENIGMA), Neuropsychiatric Genetics in African Populations (see https://www.researchgate.net/publication/283236683) and the Drakenstein Child Health Study. The BBU is also closely aligned with the work of the MRC Unit on Risk and Resilience in Mental Disorders.
Eligibility: The following conditions apply:
- This fellowship is available only to individuals who have achieved the postdoctoral degree within the past 5 years.
- Applicants may not previously have held full-time permanent professional or academic posts
- The fellowship must be taken up as soon as possible.
- There are no fringe benefits, thus, the successful candidate is responsible for his or her own medical aid and insurance arrangements. Tax-free status will be arranged with the South African Revenue Services.
- The successful incumbent will be required to comply with the University’s approved policies, procedures and practices for the postdoctoral sector.
Number of Awards: Not specified
Value of Program: The value of the fellowship is R200 000, but may vary according to training and professional background.
Duration of Program: Fellowships are awarded for one year. Applications for renewal for one further year will be considered.
How to Apply: To apply, please e-mail the below documents in a single PDF file to Ms Nadia Hoffman at [email protected]
- A cover letter
- Application form – attached below
- Curriculum Vitae Copies of academic transcripts
Eligible applications will be considered by the Director of the BBU and a sub-committee. The University of Cape Town reserves the right to: disqualify ineligible, incomplete and/or inappropriate applications; change the conditions of award or to make no awards at all.