The Commonwealth scholarships give talented students – who can be from any Commonwealth country other than the host country – the opportunity to gain a Master’s degree while developing new skills and experiencing life in another country.
Application Deadline: 30th June 2017
Eligible Countries: Low and Middle Income Countries
To be taken at (country): South Africa and Sri Lanka.
Scholarships in South Africa are tenable at:
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Durban University of Technology
- North-West University
- Rhodes University
- Stellenbosch University
- Tshwane University of Technology
- University of Cape Town
- University of Johannesburg
- University of KwaZulu-Natal
- University of Pretoria
- University of South Africa
- University of the Western Cape
- University of the Witwatersrand Johannesburg
- University of Venda
Scholarships in Sri Lanka are tenable at:
- University of Sri Jayewardenepura
- University of Colombo
About the Award: These Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships allow successful applicants to benefit from the expertise provided by universities in low and middle income countries around the Commonwealth. They are majority funded by the Commonwealth Scholarship and Fellowship Plan (CSFP).
- Applicants must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country other than the host country.
- Applicants must hold a Bachelors degree of at least upper second level.
Number of Awards: 6. four in South Africa and two in Sri Lanka
Value of Program: The scholarships are fully-funded. They provide full tuition fees, a return economy flight, an arrival allowance, and a regular stipend (living allowance).
How to Apply: It is important to go through the Program Webpage for details of what course are available and how to apply
Award Provider: Commonwealth Scholarship Commission