The University of Brunel Country-specific scholarships are available to international applicants on any undergraduate, postgraduate or PhD programme starting in September 2017.
Application Deadline: 31st May 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Nigeria, Kenya, Egypt
To be taken at (country): UK
Type: undergraduate, postgraduate taught or a postgraduate research
Eligibility: To be considered for the Country Specific Scholarships an applicant must:
- Have been assessed by Brunel University London as an international student for fees purposes.
- Have an offer to study full-time on an undergraduate, postgraduate taught or a postgraduate research programme of study starting in September 2017 only.
- Must currently reside or have permanent residence in the country/region they are being considered for or be a national of the country/region they are being considered for.
- Satisfy the entry criteria for admission to their chosen programme of study.
- This scholarship programme is not available to current registered Brunel students on a full time or part time ndergraduate or postgraduate programme. Students on the London Brunel International College (LBIC) programmes and distance learning versions of courses, or the [email protected], Pre-sessional English and Intensive Foundation or Premasters courses through the International Pathways and Language Centre (IPLC).
- This scholarship is not available to those that have been in receipt of a Brunel International Scholarship previously, either as part of current or earlier studies or those that are awarded the Brunel International Scholarship in 2016/17.
- By accepting a scholarship you are agreeing to become a Student Ambassador for the University. You will be welcomed into the University at a Scholar’s Reception during your first few weeks and may be asked to:
- a) Take part in photoshoots and filming events organised by the International Recruitment or Marketing team (maximum of three).
- b) Write a profile of yourself (250 words) that should include some or all of the following points – Why you chose Brunel – Your life at the university – How your course at Brunel will contribute to your career.
- c) Help support Brunel’s social media activity aimed at engaging potential and current international students.
- d) Give feedback and advice on how to apply for a Brunel international scholarship for future applicants, as required.
- e) Meet guests from overseas universities or embassies.
- f) Other activities by request include hosting tours of the campus, helping at Open Days and participating in other marketing activity.
Successful applicants will be contacted by the International Recruitment or Marketing team as and when your participation would be appreciated.
Selection Criteria and Process:
- Scholarship awards are decided by the International Scholarship Panel and all decisions are final. The University will not accept any appeals in respect of the decisions made by the Panel.
- Candidates will be considered based on their academic merit and personal statement.
- Scholarships are awarded for the September entry of the academic year 2017/18 and will not be deferred to later months or years of entry. Course applicants who intend to defer their studies must re-apply for a scholarship in the year they will begin their studies.
- All applicants will be notified of the panel’s decision by the middle of July 2017 for applicants starting in September.
Number of Awardees: 6. 2 for each country
Value of Scholarship: For these countries above, 6 Scholarships are available, with a value of £5000 or £7,500 tuition fee waiver in year one only.
Duration of Scholarship: 1 year only
How to Apply: Applicants starting the course in September 2017 must submit an online scholarship application via the student portal eVision by 11.59 pm (GMT) on 31 May 2017. Late applications will not be considered
Applicants starting in January 2018 will not be considered for a scholarship.
The application will include a 500 word essay describing why the applicant has applied to Brunel and why they would make a good ambassador for the course and University.
Apply now via your eVision portal (My Check list).
Award Provider: University of Brunel