Wellcome Trust Collaborative Awards are open for promising researchers from the UK, Republic of Ireland and developing countries for pursuing research in the fields of Humanities and Social Science.
- Prelimary applications deadline: 4th July 2017
- Full applications deadline: 19th September 2017
Eligible Countries: UK, Republic of Ireland, Low- and middle-income countries
To be taken at (country): UK, Republic of Ireland, Low- and middle-income countries
About the Award: Collaborative Awards promote the development of new ideas and speed the pace of discovery. We fund teams of researchers, consisting of independent research groups, to work together on the most important scientific problems that can only be solved through collaborative efforts.
Career Stage of Researcher: Early, Intermediate, Senior, Returning to research
Eligibility: You can apply for a Collaborative Award if you have a team of two to six principal applicants. Each applicant should have a good track record in their area of research, relative to their career stage.
What we’re looking for
- We’re looking for teams with a track record of working together to tackle research questions that can only be approached collaboratively. Teams can come from the same discipline or from a combination of disciplines. They can be from the same university department or a number of organisations (anywhere in the world).
- We encourage applications that combine humanities and social science research with biomedical science research and/or product development and applied research.
Selection Criteria: Important factors when we evaluate your application are:
- the environment in which you do your research
- the support your host organisation provides.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Level of Funding: Up to £1.5 million
Duration of Funding: Up to 5 years
How to Apply: You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).
It is important to go through the Application Procedure before applying.
Award Provider: Wellcome Trust