Eötvös Loránd University, through the Hungarian Government scholarship (Stipendium Hungaricum), is offering international students scholarships for the 2017/2018 academic session.
Application Deadline: 5th March 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: See List below
To be taken at (country): Hungary
About the Award: Stipendium Hungaricum is a scholarship program for foreign students, founded by the Hungarian Government in 2013. The program aims to promote cultural understanding, economic and cultural relations between Hungary and other countries.
Fields of Study:
- Faculty of Education and Psychology
- Faculty of Humanities
- Faculty of Informatics
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- PhD studies
- The Stipendium Hungaricum Programme is based on effective bilateral educational cooperation agreements between the Ministry of Human Capacities of Hungary and the partner’s Ministry responsible for higher education.
- Applications will be considered eligible if the applicant is nominated by the competent authorities of the Sending Partner.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship:
- no tuition fee
- monthly stipend:
- in case of non-degree, BA/BSc, MA/MSc and one-tier master level programs: HUF 40,460 /month (cca EUR 130) contribution to the living expenses in Hungary, for 12 months a year, until the completion of studies
- in case of doctoral programs: HUF 140,000 /month (cca EUR 450) for the first phase of education (4 semesters) and HUF 180 000 (cca EUR 580) for the second phase (4 semesters), for 12 months a year, until completion of studies
- dormitory place or additional contribution to accomodation costs: HUF 40,000 (EUR 130)
- health care services according to the relevant Hungarian legislation (Act No. 80 of 1997, national health insurance card) and supplementary medical insurance for up to HUF 65 000 (cca EUR 205) a year/person
Duration of Scholarship:
- BA/BSc (undergraduate; 3 years)
- MA/MSc (graduate; 2 years)
- PhD studies (doctoral; 2+2 years)
- one-cycle BA+MA (5 years)
List of Eligible Countries: The scholarship can be awarded to citizens of the next countries:
- For full time programs, students can apply from the following sending partners:
Arab Republic of Egypt, Argentine Republic, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia, Federal Republic of Nigeria, Georgia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Islamic Republic of Pakistan, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Kingdom of Morocco, Kurdistan Regional Government/Iraq, Kyrgyz Republic, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanese Republic, Mongolia, Oriental Republic of Uruguay, Palestine, People’s Democratic Republic of Algeria, People’s Republic of China (including the Hudec scholarships), Republic of Albania, Republic of Angola, Republic of Azerbaijan, Republic of Belarus, Republic of Colombia, Republic of Ecuador, Republic of Ghana, Republic of India, Republic of Indonesia, Republic of Iraq, Republic of Kazakhstan, Republic of Kenya, Republic of Korea, Republic of Kosovo, Republic of Macedonia (FYROM is used at OSCE, UN, CoE, EU and NATO fora), Republic of Moldova, Republic of Namibia, Republic of Paraguay, Republic of Serbia, Republic of South Africa, Republic of the Philippines, Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Republic of Turkey, Republic of Yemen, Russian Federation, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, State of Israel, Syrian Arab Republic, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan, Tunisian Republic, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, United Mexican States
- For part time programs, students can apply from the following sending partners:
Georgia, Islamic Republic of Iran, Japan, Kingdom of Cambodia, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lebanese Republic, Mongolia, People’s Republic of China (only Hudec applicants), Republic of Albania, Republic of Belarus, Republic of India, Republic of Korea, Republic of the Union of Myanmar, Republic of Turkey, Socialist Republic of Vietnam, Russian Federation, Syrian Arab Republic, United Mexican States
How to Apply: You need to submit your application to Tempus Public Foundation (See in Scholarship Webpage link below) and to the responsible authority of the Sending Partner (See in Scholarship Webpage link below) of your country.
Award Provider: Hungarian Government