The Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences at the University of Potsdam is inviting applications for Doctoral Fellowships funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD). German and international candidates can apply for these fellowships.
Application Deadline: 5th April 2017
Eligible Countries: German and International countries
To be taken at (country): The University of Potsdam, Germany
Eligible Fields of Study: Applicants must hold a Diploma or a Master’s degree in political and administrative sciences, sociology or (public) management. Familiarity with organizational research is a plus. In exceptional cases, graduates with degrees from related fields may be considered.
About the Award: The Faculty of Economics and Social Sciences at the University of Potsdam calls for applications for its Research Training Group on “Wicked Problems, Contested Administrations: Knowledge, Coordination, Strategy” (WIPCAD). The WIPCAD research program is based on systematic interdisciplinary cooperation between political and administrative sciences, organization studies, sociology and public management.
Type: Fellowships, Doctoral, Research
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for scholarship:
- Applicants must hold a Diploma or a Master’s degree in political and administrative sciences, sociology or (public) management.
- Familiarity with organizational research is a plus. In exceptional cases, graduates with degrees from related fields may be considered.
- International studentswith a non-German citizenship are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The Faculty strives to increase the proportion of women in the university and hence strongly encourages women to apply.
- Applicants with disabilities who are equally qualified will be favored.
- Scholarship recipients will participate in seminars of the Faculty and write their own dissertation in English. Proficiency in English is required.
Selection Criteria: Key selection criteria are the quality of the PhD proposal, how well it falls in with the overall thematic agenda of the Research Training Group, its innovative potential, and its likely contribution to existing knowledge in public organizations and administration.
Selection Process: DAAD scholarship holders will be identified by a two-step procedure. In step one, appropriate candidates are nominated for a DAAD scholarship by WIPCAD as the hosting program. In step two, the nominees (2 for each place) submit an online application with supporting documentation via the DAAD portal and the DAAD selection board takes the decision.
Number of Awardees: 2
Value of Fellowship: Scholarship holders will receive a monthly stipend from the “Graduate School Scholarship Programme 17“. The scholarship award comprises:
- a monthly stipend of EUR 1,000
- a travel allowance based on your country of origin
- a combined health, accident and liability insurance
- a study and research allowance of EUR 460 per year
- a rent and/or family allowance, if applicable
In addition, grants for material costs of EUR 1,000 per year are possible.
Duration of Fellowship: The scholarship will be for up to a three-year period, contingent upon the successful completion of each year. Extension to a fourth year will be possible only in exceptional and very well-founded cases.
How to Apply: Please submit the following documents in the Fellowship Webpage. Applications should be submitted via email by 5 April 2017 to:
Award Provider: The University of Potsdam, Germany