Kent Law School offers a limited number of scholarships to students who are liable to pay overseas student fees. The scholarships are open to all overseas applicants on the Kent LLM programme at the Canterbury campus.
Application Deadline: Monday, 20th March 2017
Eligible Countries: International
To be taken at (country): UK
- Applicants must have submitted a separate application for study on the Kent LLM at the Kent Law School in Canterbury in order to be considered for an Overseas Scholarship
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence
- Where candidates are rated equivalent in terms of academic excellence, their financial circumstances will (if possible) be taken into account in deciding on an award
- The number of scholarships to be awarded will be at the discretion of the Law School
- An applicant should apply for the award of the scholarship as outlined below
- In order to take up a scholarship, it will be necessary for an applicant to meet all of the conditions specified in their offer of a place on the Kent LLM
- Scholarships may not be deferred
- Applicants who are unsuccessful, or who are unable to take up the offer of a scholarship, may apply for funding in subsequent years
- Any scholarship offered must be firmly accepted by signing the University’s Terms and Conditions and returning these within one month of the date of the letter from the University’s Scholarship Unit enclosing the Terms and Conditions. If not so accepted, the offer will automatically be withdrawn without further intimation to the applicant
- Students who are successful in the application will be considered Kent LLM Scholars and will have the opportunity to act as LLM Ambassadors
Selection Criteria: Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence.
Number of Awardees: 2
Value of Scholarship: Two types of scholarship are available. The first will provide tuition fees at the full overseas rate (£14,670 in 2017/18) along with living expenses (equivalent to £14,296 in 2016/17). The second will provide tuition fees at the full overseas rate.
How to Apply: Candidates must apply for a place to study on the Kent LLM at the University through the online process.
Award Provider: Kent Law School
Important Notes: A decision will be taken as soon as possible after the closing date. Candidates who have not been contacted by 31 May 2017 can assume that they have not been successful.