The 2017/2018 scholarship round has commenced. In addition to the May and Ahmed Heikal scholarship, two new scholarships have been added from the Egyptian Refining Company ERC and TAQA ARABIA.
Application Deadline: 15th April, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Egypt
To be taken at (country): Successful candidates will be eligible to undertake masters studies in foreign countries abroad
Field of Study: Any field
About the Award: The Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation was created in 2007, out of a strong will to contribute to national development through creating high caliber professionals to help enhance Egypt’s growth in all sectors. The Foundation is funded by an endowment from Qalaa Holdings to grant academic scholarships for talented and promising young Egyptian men and women to pursue master degrees abroad in all fields of study.
This year, new scholarships have been added alongside the QHFS:
- ERC Scholarship: The Egyptian Refining Company international Scholarship will go towards funding the studies of 1 master’s degree student per year in the field of education. Priority will be given to the residents of the areas of Musturud, Khousous and Matareya. Residents of these neighborhoods are requested to include a copy of their ID card in their application package. The ERC scholarship covers both tuition fees and living expenses.
- The TAQA Arabia Scholarship: The TAQA International Scholarship will go towards funding the studies of 1 master’s degree student per year in the field of renewable energy. The TAQA scholarship covers both tuition fees and living expenses.
- The May and Ahmed Heikal Scholarship: The MAHS is a private award that goes towards funding the studies of 2 master’s degree students per year at New York University to study in any field. The MAHS award covers tuition fees only.
- Applicant must be under the age of 35.
- Must be an Egyptian national and residing in Egypt
- Applicant must have a minimum of two years of work experience post-graduation.
- Is planning to pursue his/her studies at one of the top universities in their discipline of choice.
- Must have been accepted at the university and program of interest. Applicant must submit an unconditional acceptance letter (with the exception of a funding condition).
- Excellent command of language of study.
- Good command of the English language.
- Must have a genuine financial need.
- Not a beneficiary of any other partial scholarship or grants (with exception to waivers from the university of choice itself).
- Upon completion of program, graduates must be committed to return to work in Egypt for a minimum of 2 years.
- Military service status must be clear (for males).
Value of Scholarship: Each of these scholarships cover candidates’ tuition fees and living expenses.
Duration of Scholarship: Duration of program
Award Provider: The Qalaa Holdings Scholarship Foundation
Important Notes: Please note that applicants to any of the other awards cannot apply for a QHSF scholarship in parallel.
QHSF reserves the right to apply exceptions or require additional conditions as seen necessary. QHSF also retains the right to withdraw scholarships at its own discretion.