Through the Al Alfi Fellowship, Sustainable Development the American University of Cairo is seeking to admit qualified Egyptian applicants to the Master in Science in sustainable development to receive a waiver of tuition fees.
Application Deadline: 15th April, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: Egypt
To be taken at (country): American University of Cairo, Egypt
About the Award: The program is designed to identify and prepare future leaders who are Egyptian nationals and who have strong knowledge and skills in science, engineering, business, policy and social sciences. Fellowship applicants must possess professional experience and exceptional skills, as well as an outstanding passion for sustainable development.
The long-term objective of the program is to develop a new cadre of entrepreneurial leaders who are capable of filling critical positions in industry, public sector and civil-society organizations in Egypt, and who can successfully integrate technical, business and social skills to contribute to comprehensive sustainable development in Egypt and beyond.
Eligibility: Applicants must:
- Be Egyptian citizens
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. Candidates must also have a background in science, engineering, policy, business or social sciences.
- Possess a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, or the equivelant of gayed gidan (very good)
- Be admitted into the master’s program in sustainable development
- Provide a written statement that outlines their research and/or professional experience, as well as their future career goals. Financial difficulties should also be indicated in the statement.
Selection: Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview with the selection committee.
Number of Awardees: 5
Value of Fellowship: The fellowship covers:
- A full or partial coverage of tuition fees
- Student services and activities fees
- Cost of books
Duration of Fellowship: Fellowships are awarded to the most outstanding candidates who are able to complete the program in the shortest amount of time.
How to Apply: To Apply
- Step 1: Check how to apply and submit the online application
- Step 2: Submit the online fellowship application form
Award Provider: Al Alfi Foundation, American University of Cairo