The David and Lucile Packard Foundation and the Public Health Institute have partnered to launch a second cohort of the Youth Champions Initiative – an exciting initiative to advance innovation and quality in the field of sexual and reproductive health and rights globally.
Application Deadline: 15th January, 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible Countries: India (Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, New Delhi), Ethiopia, Pakistan (Karachi), and the United States (Louisiana and Mississippi).
About the Award: The Youth Champions Initiative (YCI) invests in visionary young champions who lead the sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) movement now and for the next generation. Following a competitive selection process, YCI will select 18 visionary young people working in Packard Foundation priority geographies – India (Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, New Delhi), Ethiopia, Pakistan (Karachi), and the United States (Louisiana and Mississippi).
Eligibility: Youth Champions Initiative invests in powerful young leaders ages 18-30 who are leading the sexual and reproductive health and rights movement in Ethiopia, India, Pakistan and the United States. Eligible candidates must meet the following selection criteria:
- Young persons between the ages of 18-29
- Residents of: • Bihar, Uttar Pradesh, and New Delhi, India • Ethiopia • Pakistan • Louisiana and Mississippi, USA
- Personal dedication to improving sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Commitment to social change and experience in one or more of the following areas: youth development, education, sexual and reproductive health and rights, innovation and/or related fields
- Support of the applicant’s host organization and ability to participate in a workshop in Los Altos, California, USA in early May of 2017.
- Proficient in oral and written English
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Program: This is a Funded program
Award Provider: The David and Lucile Packard Foundation and Public Health Institute
Important Notes: For more information, please visit www.youthchampionsinitiative.org and contact Youth Champions Initiative Program Coordinator Claudia Romeu at firstname.lastname@example.org, with a copy to Program Manager Josie Ramos at email@example.com.